Hydra V2

Battery compartment looks bigger.
Personally love the Dengfu E22 so the slight bigger battery wouldn't entice me ! Wonder how much bigger it is though ! Makes sense seeing as they had to switch frames cause they had such issues getting the Dengfus, this one looks pricey with fox shocks

BC85301A-4774-4D6E-ABFC-3341B201EE54.jpeg

My Hydra Fat for comparison

My 27.5 for comparison . Wonder how much heavier this new one will be?
You can definitely see it has a bigger battery compartment. Wondering if it’s 48v or 52v like my bike is and if the chainline is any better. Rear linkage is also different.

I may be wrong I think it's a single low pivot triangle, it is solid at the rear axle. Similar to R&M mountain bike with different shock mounting point.
Wonder who makes the frame. Obviously it’s not Dengfu as he had issues getting frames from them before. I could be wrong though.

Hopefully they have lower capacity battery option to keep weight the same. Maybe it's just me but not a fan of thick boxy down tubes. Perhaps on a commuter but for a MTB like more curves and subtle lines.

Agree with the last 2 comments I like the weight of the hydra anymore and it's pushing commuter levels so a lighter battery option would be dope , though I love my hydra to death and wouldn't trade it , especially for the discount I got lol

I agree with TomD. I think my V1 Hydra is better looking.
Let's see a pic of yours ! I imagine there's no way that weighs less then a v1 the downtube is definitely bigger ! My v1 weighs 71 pound I can't imagine getting much heavier but more range is lovely aswell , curious to see what Dengfu comes out with bigger capacity wise with the E22 like I was told is happening this year

E6F0E3A6-EC9E-4A1B-AD32-ABFA1EFD34CE.jpeg

The V1 Hydra definitely looks better. Like others have said I like the thinner battery compartment and the lines just flow better. The V2 looks chunky and has to weigh more with a larger battery.

View attachment 145199
The V1 Hydra definitely looks better. Like others have said I like the thinner battery compartment and the lines just flow better. The V2 looks chunky and has to weigh more with a larger battery.
Wonder how much more range the battery could get . I always fear losing power on rides though I'm never even close , what kind of range have you gotten out of yours ? I haven't had mine long

There ain't no way that weighs 68 pounds , my v1 hydra large is 71 pounds.

Key Gen 2 Updates:

• Updated geometry and comfort
  • Stronger, more balanced frame developed by Watt Wagons
  • Larger battery with higher peak current
  • Stronger unibody rear triangle
  • Default 29er wheels
  • Frame break for upcoming more advanced features!
Available in Graphite Black. Deliveries start April 2023.

Key Gen 2 Updates:

• Updated geometry and comfort
  • Stronger, more balanced frame developed by Watt Wagons
  • Larger battery with higher peak current
  • Stronger unibody rear triangle
  • Default 29er wheels
  • Frame break for upcoming more advanced features!
Available in Graphite Black. Deliveries start April 2023.
I like the bigger battery , the fox package is pricey af without the fox package I wonder how the dropper and such will be or if it will be throw away stuff . Wonder what frame break for upcoming more advanced features means

Back