Hydra ! My Turn

Ahhhhh, ....that's what I love about forums with regard to one's passions in life. No one person has seen everything or knows everything. But others can fill in valuable gaps.

Ahhhhh, ....that's what I love about forums with regard to one's passions in life. No one person has seen everything or knows everything. But others can fill in valuable gaps.
Speaking of such .... Please allow me to reveal more of my ignorance: My new satiator charger says it's 48 volts. I pulled the battery out of the bike but it has no markings. Did we get 48 or 52 volt batteries? What will be the upshot if I have a 52 volt battery but a 48 volt charger?

The satiator has buttons to set it between 80%- 100% charge 36 through 52 V. Buttons are next to led reed out

The satiator has buttons to set it between 80%- 100% charge 36 through 52 V
The top of the line model does. Don't think this one has that capability. Don't really know. 👍

The Model is: GC360-4808

Yeah, I understand it has setting, I'm just not thinking this one goes to more than 48 volts.

Pen pointing at buttons

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 172
Hi Reed- despite the label, the manual specification has higher than 48V outputs….
-BB
Edit- but there are two flavors of Grin
C61C07B8-926B-4116-9476-02F3B755D754.png

Speaking of such .... Please allow me to reveal more of my ignorance: My new satiator charger says it's 48 volts. I pulled the battery out of the bike but it has no markings. Did we get 48 or 52 volt batteries? What will be the upshot if I have a 52 volt battery but a 48 volt charger?

Ha, I'm in the same boat on most things tech. I have to painstakingly take time and effort to learn it and be able to effectively use it.

Love the title of your thread by the way Reed. You deserve to enjoy every minute of your Hydra experience. I hope you run the battery down soon. I look forward to more of your riding insights and experiences.

How about a change of subject? Forks: I've watched well done videos, I've been all over the Manitou website. I'm skeered. Maybe I didn't need 'pro' level forks after all. :eek: 😶
And that's just considering adjustments. If you have to work on these things it's freaking rocket science. I bet there isn't a LBS truly capable of rebuilding these things within 500 miles of me. I don't even understand the regular maintenance language. I need a tutor. Will pay. 👍

I finally screwed up the courage to plug in the charger to the wall outlet. Evidently Pushkar already set the profile. I changed it to 85% charge. I think.

And now I have the bike charging. Cool. The Satiator is displaying detailed charging info as it goes. 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
How about a change of subject? Forks: I've watched well done videos, I've been all over the Manitou website. I'm skeered. Maybe I didn't need 'pro' level forks after all. :eek: 😶
And that's just considering adjustments. If you have to work on these things it's freaking rocket science. I bet there isn't a LBS truly capable of rebuilding these things within 500 miles of me. I don't even understand the regular maintenance language. I need a tutor. Will pay. 👍
I have just started to research the various components to choose from on Hydras. One of the things I saw in a video about forks was that a "pro" model has specific rebound characteristics that may not add value to my rather sedate form of trail riding. They may be very benificial to specific forms of agressive downhill riding, jumping etc. but not handle a lot of little bumps any better.

I have just started to research the various components to choose from on Hydras. One of the things I saw in a video about forks was that a "pro" model has specific rebound characteristics that may not add value to my rather sedate form of trail riding. They may be very benificial to specific forms of agressive downhill riding, jumping etc. but not handle a lot of little bumps any better.
I did not know that. I've always advocated for us more casual SUV riders that we did not need top of the line race equipment on our bikes. I should have listened to myself. 😶

Although in this case it was a question of taking what you can get.

Back