Hydra cassette drive train .

Jmaloy

Region
USA
So I got my hydra. Thought the drive was going to be shimano. Nope I got s-ride derailleur, shifter, cassette. Problems with chain wanting to jump gears on cassette. I tried adjusting no luck yet. Then I see chain is a Nove 9 speed on 11 speed cassette. I think this might be the problem. Not happy with cheap Chinese drive train on a 6k bike.

80DDD436-D60F-4A1A-BEF9-C1742417F96E.jpeg

From the portal. I just called - hoping any day now.

Hmm. We have the 11 speed sram chain on it. Let me check the build tomorrow AM and confirm.

Why was your bike knowingly sent out with the incorrect and inferior parts?
Why didn't Pushkar just keep the bikes a bit longer until he had the correct cassette, derailleur and chain?
Why would you have to install the correct parts?

This is really messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was miss on our part -
1. The initial set of bikes were built with the 9S that we use on Kindernay sprockets
2. Once the SRAM 11 speeds came in we swapped them. This one was missed.
3. We have also mentioned that the current 11S is Shimano compatible (since shimano is backordered).

Not exactly an endorsement on quality. We will address this / cover replacement and install costs at LBS.

We have a couple of other issues that have happened during shipping. We are working on resolving
1. Paint damage during shipping
2. Bent derailleurs.

For these in We have received the pics from the customers. We are working with fedex to file claims and resolve this. I hope to reach out to folks who had damage to work out the fix as applicable.

Hey its not just the chain all the components we're cheap Chinese. Not what was advertised. No shimano at all. If I wanted a bunch af Chinese stuff I would not have spent 6k.

OMG! Please dudes and dudettes; MELLOW!!!

A SRAM 11 speed chain is EASILY available at a LBS or next day scAmazon/ePay. If you do not know how to replace a chain on an e-bike, here is your FREE education! Did I say MELLOW?!?!?

Not worth a F-Bomb! You want issues, read my EVG project from hell…(F-me!)
-BB

Someone spends $6000 on an ebike and you say it's no big deal to go out and buy parts to fix a bike that didn't come with the correct equipment?
Barnboy, have you ordered a Hydra or Helios?
If you have, you have a right to make a comment. If you haven't, go spread your MELLOW philosophy on some other thread.

BarnBoy, while it is not clear what your angle is with Watt Wagons (you seemed to have parachuted out of nowhere to be become a Watt Wagons sales rep/Pushkar defender), you clearly have lost all credibility. To suggest that delivery of a bike with inferior components is no big deal because the consumer can simply just go out and buy the promised premium component is preposterous. This is a big deal, yes, worthy of come foul language. As a Helios "founder", I'm still waiting on a bike I paid for over a year ago, Pushkar has not given us regular updates as he promised (and e-mails/forum posts often go unanswered), and now we have to worry about our bikes being shipped with the wrong (inferior) components. This is not good.

BarnBoy, while it is not clear what your angle is with Watt Wagons (you seemed to have parachuted out of nowhere to be become a Watt Wagons sales rep/Pushkar defender), you clearly have lost all credibility. To suggest that delivery of a bike with inferior components is no big deal because the consumer can simply just go out and buy the promised premium component is preposterous. This is a big deal, yes, worthy of come foul language. As a Helios "founder", I'm still waiting on a bike I paid for over a year ago, Pushkar has not given us regular updates as he promised (and e-mails/forum posts often go unanswered), and now we have to worry about our bikes being shipped with the wrong (inferior) components. This is not good.
I appreciate your concerns and I want to add some context, in case this gets lost in translation somewhere.

We offer multiple levels of customizations. Brakes, paint, handlebars, shocks, drivetrain, tire sizes, rims, forks, lights etc etc As we build these, we have discovered that literally every single bike we have put out is unique and super personalized.

It is also a little disappointing that no one talks of the no cost upgrades we HAVE provided!

1. We have discovered that the forks the manufacturer sent were Mattoc pro, and not mattoc - That is ~$99 upgrade we have provided and not charged for.
2. The saddle by default is the Fizink Terra Aidon X1 - we have not charged for those. That is $79-$99 upgrade we have provided and not charged for.
3. The seatpost (most builds now) is the Crank brothers Highline 7 - which is $99 upgrade we have not charged for.
4. The cost of the MT7e brakes to us is $200/brake - we are significantly subsidizing it for our customers. That is another $99-$159 in costs to us.
5. We receive requests to put tannus armour after the bike has been built (involves removing the tires, putting armor, redoing tires, re-testing and recalibrating brakes. This adds a couple of hours of build time.
6. We have upgraded brakes after they have been installed and tested. This literally is opening the entire build and routing it through the frame. This adds 3 hours of build time.

Infact I am confident that pretty much every customer is getting MUCH MUCH better components than they originally bought / paid for. It is exactly opposite of what you are claiming - in every single case. Literally, every single case.

Now, to be clear, in this case the "inferior" component is a shifter and derailleur. We are providing the right component as soon as it is available. This is not a "inferior component for life" deal. I appreciate the concerns, but I also want to ground them on the matter at hand.

Is it ideal for the rider? No. Absolutely not.
Are we fixing this? Yes.

Also in this particular build, we have not even charged for the rear shock upgrade from Mara to Fox! That is another $379.

Additional stuff- All batteries are now US made with a robust BMS. riders can set SOC % right on the battery! The BMS itself costs us $79 even at wholesale prices.

I would categorically state that every single build riders have bought from us, we have delivered better components than what was originally ordered. Even with upgrade pricing, we have significantly subsidized these upgrades and the total value is significantly more.

Please bear with us as we improve. We have big expectations to meet- we are equal to the challenge. We are learning where we can improve and get better.

Back