Hydra Build Pics???

Since I have the Mattoc Pro fork I asked how much it would cost to upgrade to a Mara Pro in the rear. If it’s not too expensive I’m going to do it if its available.
I can't keep up. Early on we saw pics of the rear shock with the small second cylinder that does what I don't know but was supposed to be really good and now the pics are showing a rear shock without that small second cylinder. If the rear suspension does not adequately handle my 200 lbs I'll beg Pushkar to give me a break on a better shock. :cool:

The extra piece on the side is an oil reservoir. That’s the difference between the Mara and the Mara pro. In truth the oil reservoir simply allows the shock to continue working after being beat on long descents allowing the oil to stay cooler. It doesn’t make any difference unless you are a very hard rider. The Mara pro has always been an upgrade

I can't keep up. Early on we saw pics of the rear shock with the small second cylinder that does what I don't know but was supposed to be really good and now the pics are showing a rear shock without that small second cylinder. If the rear suspension does not adequately handle my 200 lbs I'll beg Pushkar to give me a break on a better shock. :cool:
The Mara Pro has the small second cylinder. The standard Mara does not. Pushkar just informed me the Mara Pro is not available and won’t be until at least December.

The Mara Pro has the small second cylinder. The standard Mara does not. Pushkar just informed me the Mara Pro is not available and won’t be until at least December.
:( Ya know ... I don't think this whole jamb up and supply fiasco is just about the Rona. There's something else cookin. The industrial capacity of the West combined with all Asia is literally immeasurable. We and they can tool up and make anything in any quantity very quickly. Hell, if it was war they'd be turning out a tank an hour and a destroyer every week. You know, kinda like we did 90 years ago? No. There's something else cookin .... and it stinks.

:( Ya know ... I don't think this whole jamb up and supply fiasco is just about the Rona. There's something else cookin. The industrial capacity of the West combined with all Asia is literally immeasurable. We and they can tool up and make anything in any quantity very quickly. Hell, if it was war they'd be turning out a tank an hour and a destroyer every week. You know, kinda like we did 90 years ago? No. There's something else cookin .... and it stinks.
At this point it’s a take what you can get.

I don’t know, seems pretty straightforward to me. The main culprit i believe is the supply chain. Everything takes longer when you have to deal with Covid. There are freighters lined up to be off loaded for weeks at Long Beach

Maybe it's just a function of perspective but those tires ( Midnight Bronze bike ) do not look like 3 inch. Hardly even 2.8 inch. So I'm wondering a bit.

Maybe it's just a function of perspective but those tires ( Midnight Bronze bike ) do not look like 3 inch. Hardly even 2.8 inch. So I'm wondering a bit.
The wheels are Duroc 40 and tires Knobby Nicks. I’m assuming they are 27.5x3.0 but I’ll have to wait for Pushkar to confirm that. Hopefully he will chime in here sometime today.

Curious if that applies to bike’s already ordered with it? It’s still listed as an option on the website.

I believe the tires in the picture are Nobby Nic’s. I don’t see that tread pattern currently but it was available last year. They currently come up to 2.8. The blue color signifies a medium compound. The purple logo are softer. In all the tire reviews I read people preferred to 2.6 to 2.8. Many people say that the 3.0 are bigger than they would like. I’m sure it’s all personal preference I am trusting Pushkar to do whatever he can to get these delivered.

Curious if that applies to bike’s already ordered with it? It’s still listed as an option on the website.
I asked about upgrading my current order which has the standard Mara rear shock.
He may have enough of the Mara Pro for people who chose them in their original order but no extras.

I believe the tires in the picture are Nobby Nic’s. I don’t see that tread pattern currently but it was available last year. They currently come up to 2.8. The blue color signifies a medium compound. The purple logo are softer. In all the tire reviews I read people preferred to 2.6 to 2.8. Many people say that the 3.0 are bigger than they would like. I’m sure it’s all personal preference I am trusting Pushkar to do whatever he can to get these delivered.
I have a set of ebike rated Eddy Current tires waiting for when my Hydra gets here.

The supply chain for some business is really bad right now, one vendor, is 6 orders behind going back to November 2020, anything we place right now is six months out, they got shut down for Covid for two months and then their business tripled and they can't find workers, this is for Made In America product nothing overseas. It's a perfect storm of stupidity.

Back