Hydra Build Pics???

That first picture of the blue frame above is wow! Please post more when you get a chance :) And does anyone know the name of the color? Thanks!

Pushkar, you are awesome.👍👍👍
I just checked out the Tannus Armour and why did I not know this existed? What a cool product. Please put them on both of my Hydras.
Can search for people's opinions on Tannus Armour, there are pros and cons and not everyone thinks the pros outweigh the cons, even ignoring the cost. Some common complaints of weight and worse rolling resistance are not as big a deal on ebike. But they also recommend you deflate tires when not in use.. which IMO is super annoying to have a bike that I can't just jump on. I'm not sure how critical it is, but Tannus says to do it. With 4" tires or something and low pressure maybe not as big a deal?

Some more info on the armour via videos

In this review the owner doesn't know if it's his new tires or the Tannus armour improving his ride quality, or a little of both.
If somebody has an opinion I would like to hear it.

Tannus themselves says their product contributes to vibration dampening, so on a fatbike tire that would be somewhat compounded compared to the smaller MTB inserts they make for standard tires.
I guess Pushkar would know how much the ride quality improves on the Hydra fat version verses without, with full suspension I wonder if you can even tell at all.

Last edited:
I have tested this on commuters / paved roads. The trick is to actually use a smaller inner tube with Tannus. If you use a full-size tube, that leads to an unintentional balance issue on the tire (some portions of the tire get flattened out, but others remain thicker with extra material).

Weight increases by around an LB or so, but the comfort level increases noticeably. The additional 25mm thickness provides good cushioning.
1. The second video with the fat tire is a good one where they mention the bouncy part - with the right tubes, it adds to the ride and suspension.
2. Please do not under-inflate your tires with Tannus. Under-inflation may (will?) lead to flats, and a noticeable jerkiness / sluggishness does to misaligned weight on the tires.
3. I cant comment on the noise portion - i didn't notice it was any more quieter or louder.

Overall,
1. Positives are slightly better cushioning, more flat protection (even with thinner sidewalls)
2. Negatives - weight, and occasional sluggishness (typically if tires are not kept inflated properly)

I have tested this on commuters / paved roads. The trick is to actually use a smaller inner tube with Tannus. If you use a full-size tube, that leads to an unintentional balance issue on the tire (some portions of the tire get flattened out, but others remain thicker with extra material).

Weight increases by around an LB or so, but the comfort level increases noticeably. The additional 25mm thickness provides good cushioning.
1. The second video with the fat tire is a good one where they mention the bouncy part - with the right tubes, it adds to the ride and suspension.
2. Please do not under-inflate your tires with Tannus. Under-inflation may (will?) lead to flats, and a noticeable jerkiness / sluggishness does to misaligned weight on the tires.
3. I cant comment on the noise portion - i didn't notice it was any more quieter or louder.

Overall,
1. Positives are slightly better cushioning, more flat protection (even with thinner sidewalls)
2. Negatives - weight, and occasional sluggishness (typically if tires are not kept inflated properly)
Thanks for the explanation. Based on what you stated I’ll pass but it’s cool you offer it to your customers.

I still like the idea. You can use super light Aerothane tubes from Schalbe and a lighter duty tire and the weght gain will be nothing. anything that improves puncture resistance and doesn’t add weight is a plus for me.

Tannus is also doing solid rubber tires now, so it would impossible to get a flat, look at this.
26" solid Tire
These would be heavier for sure but they are also not as wide, I wonder how it feels to ride?

515338F3-B7D0-4BE9-80FC-E264AF8A985C.jpeg

My bike being built! Thanks for the pics Pushkar! Color is Midnight Bronze and I’m getting red decals to match the fork. So nice to work with someone that keeps you in the loop during the process instead of taking your money and never hearing from them again until the bike ships. Definitely got me as a repeat customer. I can’t wait to see this bad boy in person.

I'm wondering about the color rendition of Pushkar's camera. Or the workshop lighting. In this pic the fork 'could' be flaming orange. But Pushkar uses the word 'red'. I remember some Manitou forks with red on them and it was like a firetruck red. But that was another time and another place. So I'm curious.

EDIT: Looking around the pic I see other things that are red and they look regular red. So these forks are hot orange or reddish orange I think.

EDIT 2: Looking around on the interwebs it is definitely a hot reddish orange.

Last edited:
ALSO: What hubs are being used?

EDIT: I think they are Sun Ringle and I think Pushkar has mentioned this.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about the color rendition of Pushkar's camera. Or the workshop lighting. In this pic the fork 'could' be flaming orange. But Pushkar uses the word 'red'. I remember some Manitou forks with red on them and it was like a firetruck red. But that was another time and another place. So I'm curious.
This is the Mattoc Pro. In the pics I’ve seen it looks red although a very bright red.

EDIT: Looking around the pic I see other things that are red and they look regular red. So these forks are hot orange or reddish orange I think.

EDIT 2: Looking around on the interwebs it is definitely a hot reddish orange.
It’s more of a fluorescent red/orange than pure red. Still looks good though!

Back