Huge battery upgrade from Kinaye

JoePah

A 1 kWh battery that will provide a higher voltage (50v), 20% more power, and use the stock controller and motor. 5A charger. For $595, you get a battery 3x as large and a great range.. probably well over 60 miles.

Description:
Made especially to fit the Sondors Ebike and work within the voltage limitations of the Sondors' stock controller, this triangle battery will maximize your Sondors ebike experience. The Nominal voltage is 44.4V and when fully charged up to 50.4V max. This will give you 20% more power and speed, compared to the stock 36V battery, and over 3 times the capacity of the stock battery.
The battery is made with LG MH1 cells in a 12S7P configuration, for a total of 84 cells and 995 watt-hours of energy. The integrated BMS is rated for 15A continuous and 30A maximum current output.
This battery includes a 5A fast charger, which can charge the battery in about 6 hours, assuming a full charge cycle.
This battery will require minimal modifications to your Sondors ebike. You will need to remove the stock battery and mounting bracket, cut the battery wires from the controller and install Anderson PP30 connectors on the battery leads of the controller.
Note: It is not possible to use both the stock battery and the "Uber Battery" at the same time (Wired in Parallel), and you cannot use the stock charger to charge the "Uber Battery".
All Orders will ship Air Freight from our Manufacturer, and shipping is included in the list price.

Following your guidance, I just used my luna-cycle 48volt batteryon my sondors rear wheel motor/controller.... and yes it works at that high voltage.
Great tq/hp.

Can't wait to get my lcd so I can up the MPH.

Following your guidance, I just used my luna-cycle 48volt batteryon my sondors rear wheel motor/controller.... and yes it works at that high voltage.
Great tq/hp.

Can't wait to get my lcd so I can up the MPH.

I was under the impression the Sondors hub motor is wired for 36v.? But looking at the Bafang spec sheets it lists 36/48v for all their RM GO series motors... Are you worried about overheating and did you say or think to yourself, "Bafang that's cool" after trying it out?? I look forward to you next road test review...

scmike - I have 2wd... added a front dir drive hub motor... .so I only stress each motor/controller by 50-60% under same cond........ I check temps occasionally.... so far so good.
disclaimer - I realize I am voiding my industry-leading gold-standard warranty by doing this :)...... (jk)

scmike - I have 2wd... added a front dir drive hub motor... .so I only stress each motor/controller by 50-60% under same cond........ I check temps occasionally.... so far so good.
disclaimer - I realize I am voiding my industry-leading gold-standard warranty by doing this :)...... (jk)

jk, You know I'm messing with you a little ( re: Spicoli pic) It's hard to keep up with your mods... I have a RadRover, comes with a Kingmeter display, I have the mph set to max ... little under 25. It also displays wattage and when I goose it, I have seen almost 800w.. I'm sure if I maintained that, up a hill, I could overheat the motor fairly quickly... I don't want to find out.. Your dashboard is going to be pretty crowded when you add a 2nd display.. it won't get boring on your rides... Does your front hub motor have regen. that's would be a nice add... Just curious, have you weighed your Sondors lately?

Bustin my chops eh mr hand?
This sondors build is a testament to empirical data and cheap parts and very little bike knowledge. And I'm really pleased w the results.

It is a portly beast but the motor mods have more than comp for the mass ... Power to wgt ratio is better.

@scmike You probably already know this but the voltage is limited by the controller capacitor rating, which is 50.4 volts.. Honestly don't think the controllers will last as long running at the highest possible voltage, but that's eBike life!

I'll take the risk, and post on it's demise when it happens. Thx for the heads-up.
I'll prob replace components as they fail with upgrades. I do all the work myself, and parts are sooo cheap.

I'll take the risk, and post on it's demise when it happens. Thx for the heads-up.
I'll prob replace components as they fail with upgrades. I do all the work myself, and parts are sooo cheap.
"Am I hallucinating here? " I waiting for you to add a mid-drive motor... What size Luna-Cycle" battery are you using and where are you mounting all these extras?? Any newer pics?
M

"Well, I'll tell you Stu, I did battle some humongous waves! But you know, just like I told the guy on ABC, "Danger is my business!""

Mid-drive...hmmm knarly idea!

"Well, I'll tell you Stu, I did battle some humongous waves! But you know, just like I told the guy on ABC, "Danger is my business!""

Mid-drive...hmmm knarly idea!

JS, Maybe a new Sondors Fast Times upgrade thread is in the cards.. Save this one for battery news... Your old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. he can fix it.

"orders pizza in class">>>>>

Ok back on topic...... luna cycle 48volt 10AH high power samsung....... actually bought it for the lightning rods sm-block kit I ordered back in Sept.... using the battery on the Sondors until I get my LR kit...

Oh Mr. Hand! I hate to hear you say I told you so.... but after 30 miles with the 48 v battery on the sondors controller/motor combo, I'm getting some funky grinding noises from the motor on start up.... it's fine up top after I get going, but out of the hole....not too happy.

I'm at just over 1000 miles on this motor/bike, and 30 of those with the 48 v battery. The trouble started when I accel from a stop at a light.... and the gears appeared to lock up momentarily... reset the start/stop button then worked, but then some noises. Suspect a gear got scrubbed.

I'm upgrading to a 48v/1500 watt dir driver rear hub motor to compliment the 36v/500watt front hub dir drive motor/wheel... should be a healthy setup.

If anyone knows where I can get the right gears to fix the sondors rear geared drive 8fun motor LMK..... I'll pull it apart AFTER the replacement 48v/1500w dir driver rear wheel arrives from CHINA the mother-land of all things ebike!

JS,
Sorry to hear that... but the i thought the motor was a variant of the G06.350.DC I think it has plastic gears.. Apparently soft plastic gears in your case.. My RadRover has a Hangtai 500-750w with straight cut metals gears in a 30w oil bath...

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

scmike - can you actually purchase a motor from that site or do you know where we can purchase the replacement Sondors motor?

scmike - can you actually purchase a motor from that site or do you know where we can purchase the replacement Sondors motor?

I think that is just a product line promo catalog... directed at wholesalers?? I tried a search for that motor set-up for a single freewheel and came up empty.. Maybe Sondors had it custom built, he was there close to the factory, I thought I read he was close to the Bafang factory while in China??

I'll take the bike on a 30 mile ride tomorrow AM...... and see how that rear geared hub holds up, if I accel off stop with pedals/front motor...... need to nurse it along until my 48v/1500w dir drive rear kit arrives.... then buh-buy sondors 350w/36v 8nofun :)

I'll take the bike on a 30 mile ride tomorrow AM...... and see how that rear geared hub holds up, if I accel off stop with pedals/front motor...... need to nurse it along until my 48v/1500w dir drive rear kit arrives.... then buh-buy sondors 350w/36v 8nofun :)

Keep us posted with your stock Sondors motor. :)

Back