Huge battery upgrade from Kinaye

I just completed a 30miler this AM...... using the stock sondors 36v battery on the rear hub motor... and no issues at all.... perhaps the gears/or clutchs (if there are any) got over heated?
This sondors is a fabulous bike, for the price, or any price for that matter.... it is the 57 chevy of bikes.... you start out stock/lowprice, and mod to your hearts desire.

Eric from lunacycle had post this item on fb owners group since last year. You should join the group to get the latest insight on all Sondors parts and upgrades. They also have replacement motor as well.

Following your guidance, I just used my luna-cycle 48volt batteryon my sondors rear wheel motor/controller.... and yes it works at that high voltage.
Great tq/hp.

Can't wait to get my lcd so I can up the MPH.
I'll take the bike on a 30 mile ride tomorrow AM...... and see how that rear geared hub holds up, if I accel off stop with pedals/front motor...... need to nurse it along until my 48v/1500w dir drive rear kit arrives.... then buh-buy sondors 350w/36v 8nofun :)

Sorry to repost this but I am new here and new to Ebikes You sure have some great upgrades
Can anyone give me some advise on my Sondors?
I own 3 sondors since jan 1rst 2016 Found VELOMOBILE and ordered the 48 v upgrade battery and the 25 amp control. After a few rides of 10 miles the rear motor(36v)started making a grinding noise on take off (when there is maximum torque) then after getting going the noise stopped. I bought new gears from Luna cycle and installed them and it still made the same noise. So I took the back wheel off my other brand new sondors bike and installed that with my new upgraded battery and controller. After one 5 mile ride the brand new (36v ) motor started making the same noise. Can anyone give me advise on making this right with the upgrade or do I have to go back to the 36v.
Kyle at Velomobile is very slow to return messages and has not offered any kind of solution. I am out over $700 on the battery upgrade and I now have 2 bad motors.
Any advice o links to fix this problem?
I love these bikes and just want to upgrade them correctly. You guys have some great bikes and I want to do the same thing
Thank you
Alan

Here's another great battery to consider, it has 52v Panasonic cells, made to fit the Fat tire Sondors. I get 30mph top speed and 55 mile range using throttle only.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased the sondors extended range battery? Wondering what range it would give. I know there are larger and better batteries but I do not want to modify the connectors. just want to carry an extra battery.

A 1 kWh battery that will provide a higher voltage (50v), 20% more power, and use the stock controller and motor. 5A charger. For $595, you get a battery 3x as large and a great range.. probably well over 60 miles.

Description:
Made especially to fit the Sondors Ebike and work within the voltage limitations of the Sondors' stock controller, this triangle battery will maximize your Sondors ebike experience. The Nominal voltage is 44.4V and when fully charged up to 50.4V max. This will give you 20% more power and speed, compared to the stock 36V battery, and over 3 times the capacity of the stock battery.
The battery is made with LG MH1 cells in a 12S7P configuration, for a total of 84 cells and 995 watt-hours of energy. The integrated BMS is rated for 15A continuous and 30A maximum current output.
This battery includes a 5A fast charger, which can charge the battery in about 6 hours, assuming a full charge cycle.
This battery will require minimal modifications to your Sondors ebike. You will need to remove the stock battery and mounting bracket, cut the battery wires from the controller and install Anderson PP30 connectors on the battery leads of the controller.
Note: It is not possible to use both the stock battery and the "Uber Battery" at the same time (Wired in Parallel), and you cannot use the stock charger to charge the "Uber Battery".
All Orders will ship Air Freight from our Manufacturer, and shipping is included in the list price.
Is this a picture of the battery describe above because it appears to be a 14S 6P battery judging by the welds.

Attachments

• 19598602.jpg
    19598602.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 732
Back