How to choose an electric unicycle

alextprofit4

Region
USA
Hey! I'm making a cool spectacular video about ElectricUnicycle, using 3d graphics. I ride ninebot myself, and for understanding, I want to learn some details from you, what you can pay attention to in the video, and what you don't need.

1) what is the most important thing to consider when choosing a monowheel?

2) Do you drive in winter? How convenient is it?

3) Do you like to ride off-road, how comfortable is it?

4) Which wheel size is preferable for you?

5) Which ride is preferable: aggressive or calm?

Your answers would help me a lot, and I hope I will motivate people to change to monowheels, as I consider this to be the transport of the future). The stages of production will be published here

Attachments

• monokoleso-ninebot-one-a1-white-belyy.jpg
    monokoleso-ninebot-one-a1-white-belyy.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 527
I, for one, would like to see a picture of an electric unicycle...
Where do you stash the battery? How does pas or a throttle work?
I call "bullpoop" on this one!

I, for one, would like to see a picture of an electric unicycle...
Where do you stash the battery? How does pas or a throttle work?
I call "bullpoop" on this one!

They are crazy, can go deadly fast...I was pretty hooked on videos when I first saw it...

Check this one out, fastest out to date....going like 40-50mph on a single wheel!

I've seen one in my area and it is FAST! It looks like the one on the video that was posted. The rider was on a feeder road keeping up with the cars on the main road, and the main road is a 45mph zone! And our local ebike store sells those OneWheel things that look like a skateboard but with one big wheel in the middle. Those things are pretty fast once unlocked as well. I'll stick to my ebike but I do like seeing something different riding around. Variety is the spice of life.

I haven't seen one of these yet in my area, but I have seen several of the single wheel electric skateboards on the local trails. I would say they were going 15 to 20 MPH. I am not sure if they are legal on sidewalks and trails, but no one seemed to be challenging them.

Hey! I'm making a cool spectacular video about ElectricUnicycle, using 3d graphics. I ride ninebot myself, and for understanding, I want to learn some details from you, what you can pay attention to in the video, and what you don't need.

Your answers would help me a lot, and I hope I will motivate people to change to monowheels, as I consider this to be the transport of the future). The stages of production will be published here
I think you'll attract a lot of people expecting to see an electric assisted unicycle with pedals. I know that's why I clicked on the thread.

You are talking about a fully self propelled mono-wheel. Sometimes people land here on the forum and post about fully self propelled electric motor scooters and get disappointed. Mostly we discuss pedal assisted bicycles.

Welcome to EBR and thanks for posting! We are interested in all x-cycles on this forum. ;)

I will tell you a little about why I decided to make a video on the topic of electric segway monowheels. I am the owner myself and I consider this one of the most versatile vehicles in urban conditions. I drove it not only in sunny weather, but also did not refuse to ride in the rain, although it is not very comfortable, but nevertheless it is better for me to go on a monowheel than to walk. I even know a lot of people who ride them in the winter, but for me it's extreme. Thanks to the answers that the forum visitors gave me, I realized what the main criteria are when choosing and using a monowheel. And I tried to show these characteristics in my future video.
My training in motion design is in full swing. This is quite a difficult task, but I am already ready to share with you my best practices. These are rather rough versions, but nevertheless the script is written, and the idea is already implemented “on paper". Here are some shots:

Attachments

• shot3.gif
    shot3.gif
    487.2 KB · Views: 245
  • shot4.gif
    shot4.gif
    632 KB · Views: 237
  • shot5.gif
    shot5.gif
    114.1 KB · Views: 261
  • shot8.gif
    shot8.gif
    108.4 KB · Views: 238
  • shot10.gif
    shot10.gif
    684.3 KB · Views: 233
  • shot11.gif
    shot11.gif
    446.7 KB · Views: 253
  • shot12.gif
    shot12.gif
    487.2 KB · Views: 320
  • shot13.gif
    shot13.gif
    609.9 KB · Views: 256
It was very difficult, but I finished with the blocking stage for my video (I published pictures and GIFs earlier in the topic) and now a new stage of my training has finally begun - I insert the final objects into my video. That is, instead of the balls and squares that were in the blocking, I already replace them with objects that will be shown in the clip. I was able to find models of monowheels ninebot z10 and earlier versions are not in the best quality and I had to modify them, spending a lot of time on it. I am glad that I took the time at this stage of the modeling process, as I believe that the ability to change models will allow me to expand my capabilities in motion design.

And by the way, a very important aspect for me at this stage is the choice of color scheme, as I consider it key for the visual perception of the viewer. After talking with the students of our course, I have a deeper understanding of this topic and now I will apply this knowledge in practice

Attachments

• Снимок2.JPG
    Снимок2.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 230
It was very difficult, but I finished with the blocking stage for my video (I published pictures and GIFs earlier in the topic) and now a new stage of my training has finally begun - I insert the final objects into my video. That is, instead of the balls and squares that were in the blocking, I already replace them with objects that will be shown in the clip. I was able to find models of monowheels ninebot z10 and earlier versions are not in the best quality and I had to modify them, spending a lot of time on it. I am glad that I took the time at this stage of the modeling process, as I believe that the ability to change models will allow me to expand my capabilities in motion design.

And by the way, a very important aspect for me at this stage is the choice of color scheme, as I consider it key for the visual perception of the viewer. After talking with the students of our course, I have a deeper understanding of this topic and now I will apply this knowledge in practice
Thanks for sharing your progress and good luck!

heh, I love graphic design...getting my degree this year hopefully. Awesome project!

Mountain Unicycling, or mUni, is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Unfortunately, my body can no longer hack it. Left knee getting drained (200cc of fluid) every 6 months got old. Got myself a Specialized Turbo Levo Comp MY21. Loving the EMTB life! Exploring looking for that elusive mile stretch of singletrack that's not too rocky/rooty/hilly so I can get back on my Kris Holm 29x3 unicycle for some off-road action. Had to sell my Schlumpf geared 36er to finance my new passion. Big thanks to EMBN, Rob Rides, and of course EBR for guiding me through these complicated 2 wheel contraptions.

Back