How many of you park inside the home?

erider_61

I live live in a cottage with no garage and my Ebike sits just inside the front door. A little messy in winter but my dog Ben has not complained....

I do. I insist on it.

I have a mechanics type mat that that I park it on and clean it and sevice it on. The mat soaks up oil and dirt and water that I can hoover up after. I also have a portable rack (wheel mount? Not sure of name) that I can pop either wheel into so I can avoid seat and handle bar damage to walls (and it helps with maintenance too when my mechanic stand is overkill).

Locking up an ebike outside where thieves can steal it easier and quicker - no thanks.

Locking it outside where it's exposed to outside elements 24/7/365.25 - no thanks.

Attachments

• 1582551753212315464344.jpg
    1582551753212315464344.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 332
For winter storage, my bikes & pickup rack reside on an elevated automotive "grease" rack in an unheated garage. This keeps them high off the floor and out of harms way.
During the season, my two primary bikes are kept on the rack in the bed of my pickup truck parked in the garage and ready to go on a moments notice.
Batteries are always stored in a heated garage.

46317 46318

Last edited:
A bit of both. Up until yesterday, we kept both our fat folders in the condo, but I sold off my acoustic, so one is now stored in the ground floor "bike garage" in the building. It's heated, has a security camera and requires key fob for access, so I'm not too worried about theft.

It's also almost impossible to get a spot there, as the other option is wall racks in the car park area, and bikes there gather soot like crazy.

I have to keep my bike inside the house. The internal battery is non-removable (Orbea Gain) and in SW Florida by the Gulf it's too hot to leave it outside or even in the garage since temperatures are extremely high and the humidity is unreal. It's a shame since theft is not a problem here, but I guess it also keeps the bike dry during our torrential downpours. Cool dog by the way.

i keep my bikes inside the home, i would never think of leaving them anywhere else.
i have a small apt with both bikes in the living room,sometimes ill put one in my bed room,no worries they are totally worth the
hassle!

The Class 2 is sometimes in the house (corner of the living room) but otherwise resides in my heated tack room in the stable. The battery is carried on the back rack and is removable, but I have to take off the panniers first to remove the battery, and I'm too lazy to do all that work. Its second battery is stored in the house.

The Class 1 is in the insulated garage. It stays relatively warm in there during the winter, never freezing. During winter the batteries are kept in the house.

Both ebikes are downstairs in a in-floor-heated area patiently waiting for winter to lose its icy grip. Batteries at around 60% capacity and on the bikes.
But I realize not all ebike owners have access to big spaces. I’m thinking I would still find a way to keep it inside.

Indoors / in my condo unit. I have a floor-standing wall-rack now, for 2 bikes; the Bianchi pedal bike hangs by its top tube resting on the 2 upper rack arms (bike rests parallel to wall) and the ebike parks directly on the tile floor underneath the Bianchi. This is in a "breakfast nook" area of my kitchen space -- the kitchen is right off my front door / foyer area, so it is easy to roll the bikes in and out...
My condo building's shared bike rack is in our shared car garage; unfortunately, the rack is placed very close to the garage vehicle entry (and the rack & bikes are fully visible from outside the garage)... Between the garage temperature swings through the year, and the potential ease with which a bike thief could stroll in while the garage door was still up, I'm far more comfortable keeping the bike(s) in my home after every ride.

There is a cellar down at my home that was meant as a garage but it was ill designed from the very start. It is, however, perfect for keeping e-bikes there, especially as the cellar has a ramp outside. The cellar is symbolically heated so it is never getting below the freezing point. I store batteries in a room.

Mine are safely kept in my snooker room a converted barn, just behind the house, creating a courtyard. Heated all winter through, 24 hours (for the benefit of the table) and now my 2 Gains. Main room is alarmed along with garage and my kitchen leading into the snooker room.

Attachments

• 20200115_154032.jpg
    20200115_154032.jpg
    914.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 20200115_153924.jpg
    20200115_153924.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 327
Both bikes are in the front room, much more convenient as I don't have a garage, only carports and the workshop is way down the backyard, open the front door, wheel the bike out, close the door and cycle off.

Back