How many miles on original motor

Thanks for the reminder. I have a cheapo Ancheer eBike that I dearly love. This is my second one, as I flat wore out the first. Not sure how many miles were on the first one, never had any issues w/ the motor. There's a youtube video where the guy shows how to lube the plastic gears in the hub motor of my bike, and I need to do that just as a precaution. He found almost no lube on the gears when he opened it up.
How many years did you get from your first Ancheer? Is that a street bike?

I couldn't find such a table on their website. In the link for motors they have diagrams separately for mid or hub motors, where Bafang hub shows 30,000 km, Bosch Classic - 23,000 km and Bafang BBS - 11,000 km. Go figure.

They also have a table with mileage before motor failure, the numbers there are much lower, starting from several hundred kms.

A huge spread between the first reported failures for a given motor and max lifespan without repairs. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary. Likely depends on how you ride and what bike. Or on what day of the week it was made. Or what QC person was there on the shift at Shanghai factory for that particular motor.
Some designs are simply better than others and if you couple that with a good production team you should get a long life. The motors are changing so fast that it seems to me the company’s are more worried about features and performance than longevity. Once the technology settles down there will hopefully be a few brands that compete for reliability. I am an optimist!

I keep a paper log 0n the charges and miles I get per charge. So I got the calculator out and added up all the miles!!!! I could not believe it so I checked it twice and there is 9,123 miles on it as of today!
Motor is great, battery is not so great.
Keep looking up! Ken. Ps. Their are more figures on the back of the papers too.

Attachments

• 20200406_212817.jpg
    20200406_212817.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 269
I keep a paper log 0n the charges and miles I get per charge. So I got the calculator out and added up all the miles!!!! I could not believe it so I checked it twice and there is 9,123 miles on it as of today!
Motor is great, battery is not so great.
Keep looking up! Ken. Ps. Their are more figures on the back of the papers too.
Wow that is quite the list you are keeping. You certainly don’t waste any paper!
From what I have read on other posts in this forum it seems that the high milage riders use lower assistance levels and carry less weight and ride in flatter areas. The higher stress put on the motors is more than they can take on a continuous basis is my guess.

Wow that is quite the list you are keeping. You certainly don’t waste any paper!
From what I have read on other posts in this forum it seems that the high milage riders use lower assistance levels and carry less weight and ride in flatter areas. The higher stress put on the motors is more than they can take on a continuous basis is my guess.
At first I was Tour mode guy until I loaded up on batteries and for the last year I am Turbo man. I have the bike delimited to go as fast as I can safely pedal most of the time and there are plenty of hills here. I certainly do not baby this motor. I could be an outlier though, I just have no way of knowing.

Last edited:
I have a Dapu m155 with about 6000+ miles on it now. The most punishment it gets is from the deep downward buckles in the bike path pavement. In some stretches of pathway they occur every six to ten feet.

Back