How many miles have you travelled on the e-bike(s) that you currently own?

How many miles have you travelled on the e-bike(s) that you currently own?

• Between 0 and 2500 miles

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Between 2500 and 5000 miles

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Between 5000 and 7500 miles

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Between 7500 and 10000 miles

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Between 10000 and 20000 miles

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Between 20000 and 50000 miles

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • More than 50000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have two his/her Radrovers with 3400 miles between them after 1 year of ownership. The wife hardly rides hers and she might have put around 100-125 miles on her rover. I use both for work commuting and fun riding (switch off every few weeks to keep the mileage/wear/tear around the same). Expecting to keep up the same routine and the same amount of mileage for the next 2 years before I even think about changing out ebikes.

It's encouraging to see people getting so many miles on their ebikes. I've done 650 miles on my Kalkhoff Agattu B8 that I've had for six weeks. Mostly commuting and running errands. Well, really they're pleasure trips. Going to work and running errands just give me an excuse to ride.

I’m curious to know how far people have travelled on the e-bikes that they currently own and what the bike is typically used for. If you have several e-bikes, provide the total mileage of all the e-bikes that you currently own.

I own a Haibike Sduro S 6.0 with a Yamaha drive. It's a Speed Pedelec with a 500Wh battery, so range is a bit limited. I’ve covered roughly 3000 miles in 5 months. My roundtrip commute is 10 miles, and I make short rides to the mall 2-3 times a week (it's only 4 miles roundtrip). I frequently go for evening rides that are typically around 20 to 25 miles long.
Are trail miles like dog years? One mile of hard offroad riding certainly wears both bike and rider down more than seven miles on pavement, in my experience! And then there's riding fat pedal assist bikes in snow... WOOF WOOF!

I have more than 500 trail miles each on four different ebikes. I'm lousy at math, though, so I'll just guess-timate 2500+

Are trail miles like dog years? One mile of hard offroad riding certainly wears both bike and rider down more than seven miles on pavement, in my experience! And then there's riding fat pedal assist bikes in snow... WOOF WOOF!

I have more than 500 trail miles each on four different ebikes. I'm lousy at math, though, so I'll just guess-timate 2500+

I tend to agree with you on this one. The majority of my "accidents" and wear/tear (to me an ebike) are from trail riding. Maintenance I only performed every 2-3 months on my regular road bike is done weekly with my Radrover if I trail ride 50/50 with work commuting during the week. I pretty much have scab(s), soreness, or a bruise healing at all times with trail riding; which, is nothing compared to dings, scrapes, wrecks, flats, and broken parts with the Rover. You learn a lot about yourself and the meaning of life as you flip over the handlebars at +50 years old on a muddy single track trail.

I’m curious to know how far people have travelled on the e-bikes that they currently own and what the bike is typically used for. If you have several e-bikes, provide the total mileage of all the e-bikes that you currently own.

I own a Haibike Sduro S 6.0 with a Yamaha drive. It's a Speed Pedelec with a 500Wh battery, so range is a bit limited. I’ve covered roughly 3000 miles in 5 months. My roundtrip commute is 10 miles, and I make short rides to the mall 2-3 times a week (it's only 4 miles roundtrip). I frequently go for evening rides that are typically around 20 to 25 miles long.

I got a Felt Outfitter in April (justified by the fact that my orthopedic surgeon had prescribed lots of low resistance stationary biking to rehab my after meniscus surgery in January). I have put 1284 miles on it, a combination of my work commute, other local transportation for which I would have used a car, and pleasure riding on local trails. I started out using Turbo mode exclusively, but have now gotten to the point where I use Tour for road riding and Eco for trails.

I have a KALKHOFF AGATTU 7 that I have put allmost 7000 miles on. So far all I have had to do is put new tires on, a new chain and brake pads.

540km haibike trekking 5.0 yamaha250w 25km/h.
Mix tour .
Buy one culote with more gel.......one seat with more gel and shank with 5cm....
the sky my seat.
+ led lenser xeo 19R in night route
...Sports mode :unlock in private road to 45 km/h.Opps!

Wheels 45 psi to 80 psi....
0 faults

Last edited:
Since January, I have logged 6,044 recreational miles on my 3 e-bikes....Trek 8s, Giant Fastroad EX Pro, and the Specialized Vado 4.

In 9/2017 I had zero electric bike miles. 9/2018 I took 5.7 hours to travel 27 miles into a stiff headwind at elevated pulse the whole time. The bodaboda had about 2000 pedaled miles at that point. That winter I electrified it, and have 4 more years @ 2000 miles/year. 8000 miles electrified, although I pedal unpowered at least 60% of the distance. I use electricity for excessive # of hills, and for stiff headwinds.

1150 on the new Allant+ 7S since late August - about 1/2 commuting and 1/2 goofing off. A few hundred on the MTBs since then. Snow and ice are chipping away at my riding time, but still getting some in :)

Wow...I hope to get there once I retire....that's a lot of miles there sir. Nice!
ya hard to belive. getting the tandem really got me riding more. my wife is blind and loves to ride. so we got it with the pandemic money and once she could we rode every day after I got home from work. 100 miles a week on my commute the rest on the tandem. 10 to 15 miles a day weekdays and 30 to 40 weekends.

Almost 8500 miles since November of 2020.

Attachments

• aviary-image-1669684915270.jpeg
    aviary-image-1669684915270.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 104
ya hard to belive. getting the tandem really got me riding more. my wife is blind and loves to ride. so we got it with the pandemic money and once she could we rode every day after I got home from work. 100 miles a week on my commute the rest on the tandem. 10 to 15 miles a day weekdays and 30 to 40 weekends.
Excellent!

At the end of 2017, when I voted the first time, we had 3200 miles, an actual 1700 that I kept in a log, and 1500 miles estimated for 2015-2016.. That was for two of us.
We have ridden more since 2020 and Covid. Hit 5000+ miles that year together and have kept that going in 2021 and 2022. Most of it near home although this year we've taken a few trips away from home. We went riding today for an hour in 44F overcast weather, and each of us added 12 miles to the tally. The log has us over 21K miles.

My Trek Verve +3 just turned 3000 miles and I have had a little over a year. With winter here my riding falls off a lot. Most of the riding has been on the rural mostly paved roads where we live, Western Illinois. People think of this part of the country being flat but depending on where I ride I can have a total climbing from a ride over a 1000 feet in 20 miles of distance.

At the end of 2017, when I voted the first time, we had 3200 miles, an actual 1700 that I kept in a log, and 1500 miles estimated for 2015-2016.. That was for two of us.
We have ridden more since 2020 and Covid. Hit 5000+ miles that year together and have kept that going in 2021 and 2022. Most of it near home although this year we've taken a few trips away from home. We went riding today for an hour in 44F overcast weather, and each of us added 12 miles to the tally. The log has us over 21K miles.
Wow....lots of good riding there.

Back