How many here are waiting for Sep 15 ship dates?

How did you figure out the derailleur? I found so many variables I’m stuck.

How long the derailleur is matters, whether it’s for a direct connect or our bike with a hanger matters, the indexing matters, and whether the cable attaches straight or at an angle matters. There’s even one more thing that’s important it can’t remember off hand.

Did you get any of that figured out? How much does your Derailleur cost?

Thanks to you, someone posted a Deore RD M591 SGS Long Cage was installed on his bike and it works. The poster installed it himself. Bought on ebay, searched for the part number and bought. $38.99 from Ronde-Cycling. I'm debating whether to have a bike shop do an inspection to satisfy R1U warranty. I'll then have the shop install the Deore. Or I'll try it myself and if I goof then take it to a shop.

I got mixed up with this thread and your one about the derailleur. I just found out I lost two full days from the label problem. Yesterday and all day today it sat and was shipped out tonight.

Well I can’t believe it. I just woke up I came out here very excitedly to look and see how much closer my bike is. Says it’s here in my town and it’s on the truck for delivery.

For all the people on the Facebook forum that keeps cutting down FedEx for stuff that’s not their fault I think they did a pretty good job getting it here in a timely matter during a pandemic.

I’m gonna get dressed get some coffee and stand outside and Pace back-and-forth till the bike gets here.

Well I can’t believe it. I just woke up I came out here very excitedly to look and see how much closer my bike is. Says it’s here in my town and it’s on the truck for delivery.

For all the people on the Facebook forum that keeps cutting down FedEx for stuff that’s not their fault I think they did a pretty good job getting it here in a timely matter during a pandemic.

I’m gonna get dressed get some coffee and stand outside and Pace back-and-forth till the bike gets here.
Well? What's happening? Are you busy assemblying? Does the bike have a derailleur protector? Can you leave it on permanently? Is it ugly?

Last edited:
I just got back from FedEx. I got everything figured out and my bike journey is continuing.

I think I should apologize for what I did. When I ordered my bike I took pride that I had patients. With the world upside down with Covid, with riots, fires, hurricanes, with all kinds of unrest, I’ll get my bike whenever it gets here. I’ll put it out of my mind and it just gets here whenever it gets here.

I found that I had patients, until it got right down to the last few days I kind of got to excited. I see peoples whole lives Seemed to be wrecked because instead of getting their bike Tuesday they’re going to get it Wednesday. I thought that in the scheme of life, having your bicycle a little bit delayed is really not that big of a deal.

I found myself the last few days doing the same thing. So my bike got delayed a day, in the big scheme of things that really isn’t a big deal. However, that’s stressing me out and it was a big major problem. It really shouldn’t been, but I made it into one.

I wanted to pride myself on patients and yet I let every little thing be some big problem and that’s what I didn’t like when I saw others.

I want to apologize for doing this because it can add more stress to other people if they start looking at their situation the same way.

My bike will get here when it gets here, every little thing is not a huge problem in the whole scheme of life, and I hope everybody else cannot let a bicycle affect their lives but just to put it out of their mind and they get their bikes whenever.

I have no patients!

I did what I said. I stood outside pacing back-and-forth all day long. Bike did not come. I called FedEx the bike came in Friday evening.
Said it was loaded on the truck ready for delivery. Problem is they don’t deliver on Saturdays or Sundays so I figured with the label screw up, I missed it by five hours.

They put the bike in the delivery truck Friday night and, it’s sitting there all the way till Monday delivery, tomorrow.

Since that last post I did about not stressing out I think it’s kind of funny. That’s one of two things I didn’t want was it to come in on a Friday and just miss being delivered and have it be in my city, but I can’t get to it till Monday. It’s funny when I drive by FedEx I can look at there and see the trucks and know my bike is sitting on one of those things.

Pretty excited that I get it tomorrow. With all the people getting their bikes with dead controllers and people driving their bikes down the driveway and have their controllers go out no electrics at all, I hoped this wouldn’t happen or a bad controller. If both of these things happen it’ll be funny.

since I came back to this forum, I made up a new song. It goes like this:

I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow,I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow,I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow

since I came back to this forum, I made up a new song. It goes like this:

I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow,I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow,I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow, I get my bike tomorrow
My buddy told me to quit complaining every day about a $1500 bike. His $80,000 Cobra is a month late and all paid up like we are. It's sitting somewhere on the upper East Coast and waiting for a $60 part. Covo is also the excuse also. We better think again about messing with China! They got us by the short ones.

I was out earlier looking down the street and there’s FedEx trucks driving all over the place.

I just need to keep my composure and stay cool. I’m not liking what I’m hearing from people getting their bikes around the country.

Spokes are still way loose on the bikes. In the bike industry that’s unacceptable. Kevin said he was going to fix that months ago. (Bring the bike in and tighten spokes is $40. $160 for an ebike).

The bikes that people are getting now you never know what you’re going to get.
some have reported you get a bike with certain size frame tube. Were another person got there’s by the same day with different size tubes. Same model.

The displays are program different from bike to bike. You can do certain things on one bike, but your neighbor who has the same model got their bike the same day, can’t is different.

many people like to change their stem to an adjustable one. I don’t. I want a fixed stem like they’ve been shipping with. Again, it just matters on what you get when you open your box. Some are reporting getting bikes with adjustable stem and others with the same model don’t.

should be anytime now. I came upstairs to get some tea I’m going back out. I want to take a picture in case the guy has the box sideways or upside down and something gets scratched I can show he didn’t have the box to the side up with the arrow pointing up

That's why I'm anxiously awaiting your box opening. Yours should have all the new things onboard. Me2 on what people are getting.. I was hoping for an adjustable stem. Some say that the frame has protection from chain slap. Maybe you'll have a Devore installed😇 It'd be awful for me to have to agree with the R1U bashers posting here.

Last edited:
I was out earlier looking down the street and there’s FedEx trucks driving all over the place.

I just need to keep my composure and stay cool. I’m not liking what I’m hearing from people getting their bikes around the country.

Spokes are still way loose on the bikes. In the bike industry that’s unacceptable. Kevin said he was going to fix that months ago. (Bring the bike in and tighten spokes is $40. $160 for an ebike).

The bikes that people are getting now you never know what you’re going to get.
some have reported you get a bike with certain size frame tube. Were another person got there’s by the same day with different size tubes. Same model.

The displays are program different from bike to bike. You can do certain things on one bike, but your neighbor who has the same model got their bike the same day, can’t is different.

many people like to change their stem to an adjustable one. I don’t. I want a fixed stem like they’ve been shipping with. Again, it just matters on what you get when you open your box. Some are reporting getting bikes with adjustable stem and others with the same model don’t.

should be anytime now. I came upstairs to get some tea I’m going back out. I want to take a picture in case the guy has the box sideways or upside down and something gets scratched I can show he didn’t have the box to the side up with the arrow pointing up
BikeMan. It's easy to check and fix the spoke tension. Really should get comfortable with the process as it's a normal part of maintenance. I just bought the tool from Amazon. $5

I am comfortable with the spokes. I was just using the price as an example of the damages to people it costs by shipping a new bike without tightening the spokes

in the bike business, shipping a wheel that was just laced put on the bike without tightening is very bad. It is the sign of a very poor quality wheel.

i’m really nervous about the very loud sounding motors a lot of people are getting. There are a few that are real bad ones but, the ones I’m talking about are the ones that sound like a normal electric bike, you can just hear him come in a half a block away so loud

I am comfortable with the spokes. I was just using the price as an example of the damages to people it costs by shipping a new bike without tightening the spokes

in the bike business, shipping a wheel that was just laced put on the bike without tightening is very bad. It is the sign of a very poor quality wheel.

i’m really nervous about the very loud sounding motors a lot of people are getting. There are a few that are real bad ones but, the ones I’m talking about are the ones that sound like a normal electric bike, you can just hear him come in a half a block away so loud
I hope I

Where is your bike?

After I get the front fork installed, I'll turn the bike upside down and check every spoke before I install the fenders

Because this thread moved in a different direction because I got my bike, I started a new thread about my first impressions.

The bike is right here and I’m getting ready to go for a ride.

Back