How long should a stock XP last?

info4johng

I saw a thread today about frying the controller on an XP after messing with light upgrades and others members mentioning motor issues. I have left my XP electrical components stock. My only upgrades are bolt on (seat, suspension seat post, flashing rechargeable lights, bell, lock).

So are there any long term issues with the electrical components on the XP? Can I expect years and many miles of reliable service from my XP?

There should be nothing wrong with long term care unless you mess with the electrical components, like adding a brighter headlight to run off the battery.

I know of a few members who have gone 1000km+ I have already gone 1500 in about 2.5/3 months with no issues except for a flat tire. Hub motors are easy to take care of and require no real maintaince. If anything just keep the chain and gears clean and lubed, check the brake pads at long time use.

For battery care, keep it charged up at over 50% if you leave it long term without touching it. Charge it to 80% full if youd like to keep the battery life longer, but if that affects your fun or use of the bike, Id say 100% it. Dont let the battery get too cold if you are in a climate that does that.

Thats really about it!

There should be nothing wrong with long term care unless you mess with the electrical components, like adding a brighter headlight to run off the battery.

I know of a few members who have gone 1000km+ I have already gone 1500 in about 2.5/3 months with no issues except for a flat tire. Hub motors are easy to take care of and require no real maintaince. If anything just keep the chain and gears clean and lubed, check the brake pads at long time use.

For battery care, keep it charged up at over 50% if you leave it long term without touching it. Charge it to 80% full if youd like to keep the battery life longer, but if that affects your fun or use of the bike, Id say 100% it. Dont let the battery get too cold if you are in a climate that does that.

Thats really about it!
I bought my one xp 13'months ago. I have 3300km on it and have replaced the brake pads and tires. Feels the same as the day I bought it..and a fellow member and myself rode last year in -16° a few times. Battery life isn't the same when cold but no issues...

If you live where it gets very hot in the summer like Vegas or Arizona I would store the battery indoors.

Back