How long do Trek Allant e-bikes last?

gbrawley

Region
USA
I own two Allant 8+S , one with 5000 mi and seems to be going strong, never been back to the shop except for the annual tuneups. But Original not as quiet as my newer one with 1000 mi. Bought a second one used with 600 miles because didn’t want to be without an ebike. I just noticed a post on Facebook about someone with a 7 at 11,000 miles . That got me thinking wonder how long these bikes last . When to expect some major repairs needed?

Appreciate your feedback !

Thanks

Gerald Brawley

I have two Treks, an XM 700 I bought November 2016 and a Super Commuter 8s July 2017. The XM has 22,000 miles with just normal maintenance and the Super Commuter went 40,000 miles and I replaced the motor. Pretty much just normal maintenance also, although I did have new wheels built.
The new motor now has 4300 miles. Did a fun ride on the XM yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2978.PNG
    IMG_2978.PNG
    535.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I am surprised 44,000 miles in a 2017 super commuter 8S. Are they pretty similar to the Allant +8S in drive train Bosch equipment?

Very encouraged it’s lasting so long. My two bikes seem pretty bulletproof.
Seat suspension was my only change and I really it on both bikes.

the trek bike is not going to wear out. the electrics may over time and maybe some parts but overall no.

I own two Allant 8+S , one with 5000 mi and seems to be going strong, never been back to the shop except for the annual tuneups. But Original not as quiet as my newer one with 1000 mi. Bought a second one used with 600 miles because didn’t want to be without an ebike. I just noticed a post on Facebook about someone with a 7 at 11,000 miles . That got me thinking wonder how long these bikes last . When to expect some major repairs needed?

Appreciate your feedback !

Thanks

Gerald Brawley
7,700 miles on my Allant 7s. Same frame & motor as 8s. The only items that have worn out are drive train components — which I always upgrade when replacing. 1 chain, 1 derailleur, 3 cassettes, brake pads & rear rotor, several tires, but all standard maintenance items.

I ride very hard and fast — which is why I went with the Allant s. I chose the 7vs the 8 for its suspension and rear carrier. I have upgraded to the 625w RIB and added the 500w Range Booster so that I could complete my 45 mile daily loop all in Turbo.

Don’t worry about the frame or motor.

7,700 miles on my Allant 7s. Same frame & motor as 8s. The only items that have worn out are drive train components — which I always upgrade when replacing. 1 chain, 1 derailleur, 3 cassettes, brake pads & rear rotor, several tires, but all standard maintenance items.

I ride very hard and fast — which is why I went with the Allant s. I chose the 7vs the 8 for its suspension and rear carrier. I have upgraded to the 625w RIB and added the 500w Range Booster so that I could complete my 45 mile daily loop all in Turbo.

Don’t worry about the frame or motor.
You must be riding fast, I am a 18 to 22 mph guy. Nice to know these bikes hold up so well. I ride 20 miles on pavement but not lots of hills. And get two rides out of my std 625 battery. Looking at the Treks they seem like they are built like small motorcycles and so I have been very pleasantly surprised at how well they hold up. My reason for asking others. Thanks

Back