How hard to install Body Float seat post?

Operator7

Hi guys/gals,

I am considering trying the stock seat post first, before purchasing a Body Float, if for no other reason, to at least see the difference for myself. So that of course begs the question - how hard is it to install a Body Float seat post? Is this something I can tackle myself, or is it something better left to a bike shop?

Also, same question for changing a seat. Is changing a seat something normally done on your own, or is it something that requires a bike shop?

I just installed one lastnight. They have some good videos online that shows you how. It took about 15-20 minutes. It would help to have someone to help adjust the pre load but it is not necessary. The Tech, Charlie, is very receptive to questions.

Hi guys/gals,

I am considering trying the stock seat post first, before purchasing a Body Float, if for no other reason, to at least see the difference for myself. So that of course begs the question - how hard is it to install a Body Float seat post? Is this something I can tackle myself, or is it something better left to a bike shop?

Also, same question for changing a seat. Is changing a seat something normally done on your own, or is it something that requires a bike shop?
I agee with 5thumbus it was very simple for me with the aid of the YouTube videos. I just set my iPad by the bike turned on YouTube while I was adjusting the preload. It was very easy that way to understanding how to find the neutral balance settings on the preload. Works perfect now only thing I'm going to add is a hand adjustment screw in the back of the seat on the preload so I could tune it by hand while I'm actually riding the bike.
Don't know why BodyFloat wouldn't have thought of that as an optional part to put on the Preload Hex Screw

The installation is very easy. The instructions to perform the adjustment are clear but I certainly benefitted from having Charlie to the fitting and setup. I understand a hand adjustable screw is in the works to allow adjustment during a ride.

I can't make anything mechanical work, and I can change a bicycle saddle ... you will need a hex tool, I use this:
IMG_20150619_192431~2.jpg

I just installed one lastnight. They have some good videos online that shows you how. It took about 15-20 minutes. It would help to have someone to help adjust the pre load but it is not necessary. The Tech, Charlie, is very receptive to questions.

Agreed. Definitely watch the you tube videos on how to adjust to proper tension, and first of all make sure to order it with the proper spring configuration based on weight and riding style, the Tech Support people at BF are very helpful with this. The saddle install and adjustment is easier than on most standard seat posts imo, and the videos definitely help to adjust and fine tune the suspension. The written instructions are okay but it's makes much more sense when you see the videos. It's a great system when combined with a saddle that fits your needs. Worth the investment and very well designed and engineered imho. And it can be easily and quickly fine tuned for different riding conditions.

Back