How far off is the Aurora to a cruiser riding positionwise?

charlie g

I'm a senior who likes the cruiser petals forward position but the overall design/motor/shifting of the Aurora won me over *except I've never rode one!

I'm sure I can change the steering head stuff..will that be enough to take of back and neck issues I have with traditional bikes seating position where your leaning forward more?

Hey Charlie! Happy to have you here. The Aurora itself can get you in a near upright position and after adjusting the steering column to fit your needs should really be helpful. If you haven't already checked it out, Court does a few in depth reviews on different year models of the Aurora https://electricbikereview.com/?s=aurora. He does touch on the steering position in a couple videos. I hope you find it helpful.

If the new models are similar to my 2015, the stock handlebars will cause you to lean forward. I changed mine to cruiser-style bars and added a stem riser, which made a huge improvement. I now sit almost perfectly upright and seldom get the neck and shoulder pain I had before.

I had a similar concern being in the upper age bracket. Would like the Galaxy but after Court's video showing the bad speed wobble with that step thru frame I went to look at the Aurora myself. No mention of wobble problems in that review and the bike seems powerful on the hill even with the Nuvinci. Been waiting for the review on the Galaxy 24 but nothing yet. Certainly don't want to spend 3K on a bike and need to change out bars etc. I am no bike mechanic. Love the step thru concept but they do seem to suffer some frame issues.

I think I'll change to Galaxy ST *except..I'm concerned! the 350w max motor throttle doesn't kick in till 6mph but evelo said you set yr computer to turbo mode and as soon as you add pressure to the petal it goes full throttle....hmmm, If thats the case..the other manuf's can also do this right? as you all know..
the BBS02 throttle is instant from standstill but its not a Galaxy motor option so whats the diff between 350w Max Bafang and Bosch, Shimano, etc?

Charlie, did you get your bike yet? curious how you decided to go as I am liking at an Evelo as well. Jerry

Have you actually got the bike now and if so what has been your impression and how did the hill climbing work out?

Evelo gave me a 100 dollar gift certificate and I got the swept back bars, riser, and ergo grips so it will be pretty close to a cruiser now.

Now have the riser installed on my Aurora and have not as yet changed the bars out. The stock bars seem just fine now that I put on the riser, the difference between the swept back and stock is minimal and I am in a upright riding position now just with the riser. I also added the Argo grips and it is very comfy now.....

I agree with Jerry once the riser is installed it's a much more upright ride and we find no need to change the bars. I did have to fabricate and install a longer front brake line.

I had a similar concern being in the upper age bracket. Would like the Galaxy but after Court's video showing the bad speed wobble with that step thru frame I went to look at the Aurora myself. No mention of wobble problems in that review and the bike seems powerful on the hill even with the Nuvinci. Been waiting for the review on the Galaxy 24 but nothing yet. Certainly don't want to spend 3K on a bike and need to change out bars etc. I am no bike mechanic. Love the step thru concept but they do seem to suffer some frame issues.

Hi Jerry, this is David with EVELO. You aren't likely to see Court do a review of the Galaxy 24, as it's not really a separate model. It's just a smaller Galaxy ST that uses 24 inch wheels and a little wider tires. Aside from size, the only real difference is that the handlebars are higher an the Galaxy 24 than they are on the Galaxy TT and ST.

Happy riding!

Hey there David, I am totally satisfied with my new Aurora, great ride , I did after all end up installing the riser on the bars and that was a major improvement for me in riding position as I don't like a lot of weight on my wrists, also got the Ergo grips and rear bag etc. Has been a great bike and I am glad I decided on this model sure has enough power that's for sure! By the way your service is beyond the norm in every way , thanks. Jerry

Hi Folks,

The Aurora has been updated to a significantly higher handlebar straight out of the box, for all bikes shipping this month or later. You probably aren't going to need a stem riser.

@Al P you should check with the manufacturer, but most stem risers are not meant to be doubled up like that, and it could cause a very painful failure.

Cheers,
David

Thanks, David. I do check to make sure they are tight, and would not be comfortable without both of them.

Back