How durable is the charging port?

Frostybikes

Region
USA
I have a radmission which is my first ebike, and I always get a bit nervous plugging the charger in since if the charging port breaks, I need a new $500 battery and I doubt the warranty would cover it.

I have bad luck with charging ports on my phones which is a big reason why I try to be very careful. How durable is the charging port on the ebike battery? If I try plugging it in at the wrong angle or use too much force, will that damage the pin inside of the port? I worry about it bending or snapping if I don't plug the charger in straight.

It's as durable as it is designed for.

Same as any laptop. Doesn't help to charge a laptop on the kitchen table in a family of 4 with multiple domestic animals :D

I have a radmission which is my first ebike, and I always get a bit nervous plugging the charger in since if the charging port breaks, I need a new $500 battery and I doubt the warranty would cover it.

I have bad luck with charging ports on my phones which is a big reason why I try to be very careful. How durable is the charging port on the ebike battery? If I try plugging it in at the wrong angle or use too much force, will that damage the pin inside of the port? I worry about it bending or snapping if I don't plug the charger in straight.
I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine -- but I don't try to plug it in any way other than as intended. I really don't mean to be a smart a$$ but if you're worried that plugging it in at the wrong angle or with too much force might damage it, just don't do those things.

TT

I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine -- but I don't try to plug it in any way other than as intended. I really don't mean to be a smart a$$ but if you're worried that plugging it in at the wrong angle or with too much force might damage it, just don't do those things.

TT
Thanks. I guess i'm just wondering if its durable enough to withstand it being plugged in at the wrong angle by accident or something or if it will bend the pin inside of the port.

The way my setup is, I have to plug it in from standing over the bike which makes it a bit difficult to plug it in straight. I'm probably overthinking it though lol. Its just really expensive, and i'm not yet used to having something like this.

Speaking as a senior E-bike owner, the easiest mistake is to ride away when still plugged in. Did that twice and the connector ejected fast enough not to cause damage.

In a dark garage, if you have a Black Bike with a black charger cable and old eyes it's stupidly easy to do this. That's my excuse!

I added a volts/ amps meter to the output of my charger, it glows so it's really obvious its there. Fellow e-bike traveller friends added orange/ yellow tape close to the plug.

Depending on the style of the charging port/#of pins.. a little trick I use is to mark the plug and port with a white paint pen so I always know the correct orientation no matter my angle of attack.
IMAG0882_BURST002_COVER~2.jpg

I would do the same with micro usb plugs for phone chargers with a small white dot denoting up.

Back