How do you like your Bulls?

I love my ESTREAM EVO AM4 , but I agree with Afren. There is little manufacturer support, even if the dealer himself means well. My battery failed in 1st 6 mos. Only charges 80%. It'll take 1 mo. minimum to get another. I think Bulls offers the best value, but knowing what I now know, I'd prob. go with 3 other brands first. But I'm glad I have that powerful Brose motor, it's best in class, IMHO

I have been researching eBikes for a long time and have slowly been narrowing things down. I am still not 100% sure if I want a mid-drive or a hub-drive with throttle. Some of the hub drive bikes, with a 28 mph top speed and throttle, are intriguing to me for riding on the road. But I also like the looks and capabilities of the more dedicated MTBs. I will ride singletrack as well as paved roads, and I want something that is fun to ride, well put together, and offers solid assist for the times when I am worn out.

So, if you could buy your Bulls again, would you do it? If not, what would you get instead?

Thanks!!

I love my ESTREAM EVO AM4 , but I agree with Afren. There is little manufacturer support, even if the dealer himself means well. My battery failed in 1st 6 mos. Only charges 80%. It'll take 1 mo. minimum to get another. I think Bulls offers the best value, but knowing what I now know, I'd prob. go with 3 other brands first. But I'm glad I have that powerful Brose motor, it's best in class, IMHO
I own both a rear hub bike (izip epath 3 and a Bulls Lacuba 45). While I adore having a throttle because of the safety features that it provides at busy intersections ECT… I much prefer the mid drive motor hands-down over a rear hub. The stability that is provided by the mid drive motor is hands-down the best. I found the rear hub motor to be somewhat unstable with balance when going downhill at fast speeds and hitting a slight bump in the road. Your balance can really be thrown off by the weight of the back of the bike. The mid drive motor is so much more stable even when you accidentally run off the road or hit a small bump in the road. I also find that my Bulls Lacuba Is much easier to keep pace with people riding regular bikes in a group. I can ride slower with my bulls if needed then I can with my izip ( I believe this is due to the izip being only a cadence sensing motor ) Since the izip is the only cadence sensing bike that I have ever ridden I’m not sure if this is specific to that particular bike or if it is specific to all cadence only sensing motors. I find it Difficult to stay with a group of regular bikers if they are not riding at least 12 mph. As much as I have loved my izip, I personally would never purchase a rear hub motor again. Also, the bike that is used for the Lacuba is a truly spectacular bike on its own! When we ride as a family I coast SIGNIFICANTLY longer than the rest of the riders! We ride a lot and they all have decent to excellent bikes but my Lacuba (despite its weight) seems to have such excellent action that I find it AMAZING! I can’t say this about many other ebikes that I have ridden and I am truly impressed by bulls quality!

Last edited:
I purchased a Bulls Lacuba e45 from fly rides in April 2018. I’ve had so many issues with it, the two most recent were big ones. Motor wouldn’t engage back in June of this year with approx. 6k miles on it, they repaired it under warranty. The bike with the new motor was frequently shutting off. After two weeks it just shut off completely, back went the bike for troubleshooting. After a couple of calls to Bulls I got a response from Barney in late August that they would ship be a new bike. That was the end of communication from him though and no word since. I’ve ridden the bike for 2 weeks since June and it was purchased as my “car replacer” glad I didn’t sell the car now! I’d stay well clear if this brand and the Brose motor.

I have owned a Bulls Brose Motor Evo 3 27.5+ eMTB hardtail since September 2018. I originally choose Bulls because at the time they were using the Brose Motor which I like the most out of all the mid-drives and it had one of the largest batteries available at 650wh. I rode it everyday until getting a Juiced CCX around christmas 2018 and a Brose iZIP Moda E3 around March 2019. Probably about 4k miles on the bike at this point.

My only complaints are with the Suntour Aion Fork used, mine initially started leaking air about 1k miles in, also noticed it was clunking when topping out. The leaking was fixed by the eLBS but I still had to pay labor at $90ish. The topping out noise was due to the rebound adjuster at the bottom of the fork breaking off on a trail and the replacement cartridge part is just over $200 even with a huge discount from suntour(I have not replaced it, too much $$$). The fork is a 'euro spec' so parts like the rebound cartridge has to be shipped from europe. I will eventually put a rockshox or Fox on it just so I can work on the darn thing myself.

LOVE the Brose motor, its the most telepathic/quietest motor I have tried. Never liked the feel/noise of the Bosch units. I did like the feel/ergonomics(display/shifter control and low q factor) of the Shimano Steps mid drive although it was pretty noisy, I do also like the yamaha mid drives. I would probably get a yamaha mid drive on my next ebike(probably a giant or haibike full suspension eMTB). A specialized Brose Motor Turbo Levo is also very high on my list.

I like the Brose motor so much, I got a second unit when I bought an iZIP Moda e3 which is by far my favorite ebike. The Bulls is better offroad and the CCX is by far the fastest and requires the least effort but the Moda is just right for most of the gravel rides I do with it.

That being said, I love my Bulls Evo 3 27.5+, its a joy to ride and the range is awesome. I typically get in 2 rides before recharging the battery (about 50 miles).

Last edited:
Back