How do I Install lights on Synapse Neo 1

jtheat

I have a 2019 Synapse Neo 1 "pre-wired" for lighting. I cannot see any plugs on the bike or openings into the battery housing to run wires. I contacted Cannondale and they said take it to a bike shop..... Has anyone added a tail and head light to their unit? Thanks!

This is not answering your question directly. Tangentially, I used to install light kits on electric bikes. That is when I thought more is more. Now I know that less is more. I remove everything that is not essential. USB rechargeable lights work better and do not add ugly wires. Just one perspective.

Petaluma... I'm in Nevada City.. yes, that is a consideration. I use a good usb tail light now, so I'll consider that. Thanks!

There is a thread on the EBR forum about adding lights to a Bosch system, this one gets mentioned, there is a chat box on the retailer site if you want to ask questions about how to hook it up

Integrated lights are a great convenience. However they reduce your range. The brighter they are the more reduction in riding range. My Riese & Muller Delite Mountain has the Supernova M99, an amazing light, that I would rather not run in the daytime, it probably costs me 10% of my range to run that light. For a headlight I use the Knog PW Trail. It has a huge battery that doubles as a charger for other devices like a phone. It has a very nice daytime strobe mode that consumes very little power and is quite visible from out front. For a tail light I use a Cliq tail light that hangs either on the seat post saddle bag or trunk bag. It is usb rechargeable, programable, has a built in theft alarm that can be activated by and reports back to a phone app, and it has an accelerometer that runs a brake light that works quite well.

There is a 12v line inside the tube behind the battery. You’d have to tap into it and run your lights from there. You might be able to see it if you look, mine has a yellow tag on it marked 12v Lights Lots of little bolts to take the battery cage out but it’s pretty easy.

I bought a Light and Motion Vis E combo For my Neo SE. Compact, very bright, but
installation was not a do it yourself project for me. Took it to my local REI where I had bought the bike. Apparently some internal wiring had to be changed -the line for the rear light goes thru the bb and up the seat post which now has a small hole for the wire to exit - and new firmware had to be downloaded. the install cost about $120. But the result is very nice.

Are you looking at a light(s) to make you more visible to others on the road (i.e. strobe) or to better see in the dark or both? I have the Synapse Neo 2020 and use USB rechargeable lights (good for 17 hrs runtime on strobe - SeeSense Icons both front and rear) and also a 750 lumen light (headlight beam) for rides where it gets dark and I need to see the road / path in front of me. If you have the handlebar real estate I also recommend the detachable USB lights.

Are you looking at a light(s) to make you more visible to others on the road (i.e. strobe) or to better see in the dark or both? I have the Synapse Neo 2020 and use USB rechargeable lights (good for 17 hrs runtime on strobe - SeeSense Icons both front and rear) and also a 750 lumen light (headlight beam) for rides where it gets dark and I need to see the road / path in front of me. If you have the handlebar real estate I also recommend the detachable USB lights.
Me too. I use a Knog PWR tail 1000 lumen rechargeable with multiple programable light modes both brightness and flashing. It has a 5,000 mAh battery pack and has a usb outlet to a recharge phone. In the back I use a Cliq rechargeable tail light with multiple programable light mode, an accelerometer that activate a brighter mode when braking and automatic pause when motion stops, and a security alarm that gives you near instant notification on the app when your bike is parked and someone jiggles it. The combined cost of both lights is around $150 usd plus shipping and installation cost is $0. I did have a Light and Motion Vis E 800 on hand and installed it on the handlebars but did not bother with the integrated tail light (it gets very little use)

The Knog is on the right side, hanging under the carbon accessory bar just inside the bell and the Light and Motion is centerline

20210308_201921.jpg

Do i need to remove the cranck to access the engine in order to plug in the light cable, then i will need to route it.
Do cannondable use special cranck bolt ? on the cranck i read BNI (bosch interface).

I have a 2019 Synapse Neo 1 "pre-wired" for lighting. I cannot see any plugs on the bike or openings into the battery housing to run wires. I contacted Cannondale and they said take it to a bike shop..... Has anyone added a tail and head light to their unit? Thanks!
I bought a bosh cable for less than 10 euros and then a cranck puller. I managed to doo the internal routing I used an electric wire that i attached to the bosch cable with some duct tape.
The Bosch cable is standard but it has a specific connector.

I also had to remove the cover of the light plug.

It works fine and the output voltage is 14.4 volts.

Back