How can I partially discharge Bosch battery?

Doesn't your bike come with integrated lights ? Try to leave it on for a long period of time.
It comes. But it has a sleep timer. In 10 minutes of inactivity the power automatically shutting down, even with switched on lights. Very smart bike.

No such thing as a last ride here. I ride year round as long as there is something cleared off. I won't ride on ice.
So you don't need to worry about storing your battery. Do you have any *helpful* suggestions for those of us that do have that problem?

I'll stay out of all of the interesting discussions here regarding creative ways to partially discharge a Bosch battery for storage, but wanted to post a quick reminder for any newcomers looking for a safe and easy solution.

Quoting myself from September '21: "If your local IBD has a Bosch BCT (Battery Capacity Tester), they can use the discharge function on the BCT to safely discharge your battery. It will take them a few hours."

I understand that most of you likely will not be interested, but for anyone who wants to safely and simply get your battery ready for winter storage, may be worth checking with your shop to see if they have this tool that Bosch designed specifically for battery health analysis and winter storage.

So you don't need to worry about storing your battery. Do you have any *helpful* suggestions for those of us that do have that problem?
Sure, take a weekend trip to the south and have a nice relaxing ride. If every answer here was directly to the point, you'd have about 1/2 the responses. Sorry I stepped on your toes with my solution. I'll make sure to not respond to anything you do. It will be tough since I just hit the ignore button on you.

I ride everyday 365.25.
Last year after hearing about people covering their batteries, I was inspired to make a battery dust cover from a $1.88 Gatorade bottle from a little Mexican market.
People with the Russian Rain fetish mentioned in the Steele Dossier can also quickly drain a battery, or just use the Gatorade.
1645218542993.jpeg

1645218717543.jpeg

you could have just taken the battery to a shop and they could have done it for you.
Yes, but I have all the equipment because I've maintained lots of other batteries with my bench equipment. However, I deleted my post because of: 1) Most bike charge ports are diode protected so what I stated won't work, 2) It's not safe. Note: I could only find 2 bike shops in California that would discharge Bosch batteries with a BCT (Bosch Battery Tester). Most shops don't have battery test equipment.

Yes, but I have all the equipment because I've maintained lots of other batteries with my bench equipment. However, I deleted my post because of: 1) Most bike charge ports are diode protected so what I stated won't work, 2) It's not safe. Note: I could only find 2 bike shops in California that would discharge Bosch batteries with a BCT (Bosch Battery Tester). Most shops don't have battery test equipment.
I thought most would but maybe not. Never really thought about it. but you would think if you serviced bosch bikes you would need one.

I thought most would but maybe not. Never really thought about it. but you would think if you serviced bosch bikes you would need one.
That's what I thought too, but most shops just send the batteries to the manufacturer representative to have it done. My local shop actually sent mine to Bosch for testing, but they returned them to me after the test passed charged to 100% (which was a bummer). BTW, The New Wheel in San Francisco (not the same shop I used to have mine tested) has a Bosch BCT, but at an offsite workshop. They're very nice and accommodating.

Back