Hitting 91 mph on my Turbo Vado!

BachandBicycles

I'm having an issue with the speed sensor on my 2018 Vado 5.0. As you can see in the video I've linked, the computer briefly flashes speeds much greater than I am actually traveling. The limiter, seeing a speed over 27 mph kills the motor when this happens and it then takes a few seconds before the power rolls back on. It will sometimes do this many times in a row, with the power dropping out each time. Beyond annoying, it proved quite dangerous on my commute yesterday when it left me without power in heavy traffic as I was moving through four lanes to make a left turn at a coming light. I made it through the intersection but will now not ride again until it's been fixed. Has anyone else experienced this on their bike?

Wow, that's definitely an issue. Super annoying, I'm sure. I imagine it's under warranty; hope it can be fixed soon.

Ha! I saw you were going 93! But I won’t tell the cops:)
I haven’t experienced anything like that on my Vado 4 but my odo and trip meter have different opinions of the length of a kilometer. And the odo presents new ideas just about every day whereas the trip meter is stable and shows figures that compares well with my GPS.

When you've experienced that your clock is behind-time compared to others, is when you've realized that you've traveled near speed of light, so you arrive to your destination younger than others. Have you experienced this already? At least that's what relativity says. :) If your clock is fine and this keeps happening, then take it to the dealer (if still in warranty).

I had a similar experience, but not the same high speeds. Specialized replaced the bike with a new one.

I had a similar experience, but not the same high speeds. Specialized replaced the bike with a new one.
That’s interesting to hear they replaced the bike for that problem. I have a weird odo but trip meter and speedo seems ok. Will be very interesting to hear what Specialized will say about that.

I experienced that today on my ride...look down and it flashed to 74 mph...did it a few times...the bike had 30 miles on it, not even a week old...so what did the OP do to rectify? LBS working on it?

Back