His and Her Dolphins arrived last week!

rkracketeer

After extensive research for an electric folding bike (due to the need for easy transportation) we decided on his and her Qualisport Dolphins. We thought about folders that were about $1,000, but the features and value of the Dolphin could not be beaten. Note that these are our 2nd set of ebikes, the first two being BH Atom Streets in our warm weather home, and we are familiar with the ebike routine, but there are far less hills in the warm weather area. I was anxious to see how an ebike performed in the hills.

Here are our initial Pros and Cons:

Pros
  • Mostly assembled, only needing some minor adjustments.
  • Folds nicely, not too heavy for an e-bike
  • Wide tires (2.35") soak up the bumps nicely.
  • Bikes fit both myself and my wife without any issue, but keep in mind that we are about average in height.
  • Quality and ride stability are very good! We are long time Dahon owners and the fit and finish is pretty similar, meaning very good.
  • A huge welcome when going up hills! Mind you that you have to boost up the PAS Level to make a significant difference, but they work!
  • Range is promising to be good. Road for over 20 miles, 3 bars still remain.
Cons
  • Brakes are a little noisy, I am thinking that will disappear in use.
  • Computer menu is hard to use, but I have a manual detailing the functions, which is complex to say the least.
  • While it is a lighter bike, it is not a light bike
  • Motor is a little noisy, but that is to be expected.
Overall, the bikes are joy to ride, I look forward to our first 100 miles on the bike.

In the middle of the ride.jpg

Good choice. I did the same, buying 2 last October. These work great. We will be taking ours in the back of 1996 Jeep Cherokee behind our MH. Use them at the beach all the time. Awesome bikes.

Ride on!!!!

Mark

Check this out from Bolton Bikes on showing how to program the computer screen.

KT-LCD3

Last edited:
After extensive research for an electric folding bike (due to the need for easy transportation) we decided on his and her Qualisport Dolphins. We thought about folders that were about $1,000, but the features and value of the Dolphin could not be beaten. Note that these are our 2nd set of ebikes, the first two being BH Atom Streets in our warm weather home, and we are familiar with the ebike routine, but there are far less hills in the warm weather area. I was anxious to see how an ebike performed in the hills.

Here are our initial Pros and Cons:

Pros
  • Mostly assembled, only needing some minor adjustments.
  • Folds nicely, not too heavy for an e-bike
  • Wide tires (2.35") soak up the bumps nicely.
  • Bikes fit both myself and my wife without any issue, but keep in mind that we are about average in height.
  • Quality and ride stability are very good! We are long time Dahon owners and the fit and finish is pretty similar, meaning very good.
  • A huge welcome when going up hills! Mind you that you have to boost up the PAS Level to make a significant difference, but they work!
  • Range is promising to be good. Road for over 20 miles, 3 bars still remain.
Cons
  • Brakes are a little noisy, I am thinking that will disappear in use.
  • Computer menu is hard to use, but I have a manual detailing the functions, which is complex to say the least.
  • While it is a lighter bike, it is not a light bike
  • Motor is a little noisy, but that is to be expected.
Overall, the bikes are joy to ride, I look forward to our first 100 miles on the bike.

View attachment 49189
What is the mirror you got? I'd like to get the same!
I think it should fit the Volador.

The Bell Smartview mirror, should not be an issue with respect to fitting, I use it on many different bikes, and I think the Volador has a similar (if not the same) handlebars as the Dolphin.

Here is another hack, I use this bag that is marketed for electric scooters:

Good luck!

The Bell Smartview mirror, should not be an issue with respect to fitting, I use it on many different bikes, and I think the Volador has a similar (if not the same) handlebars as the Dolphin.

Here is another hack, I use this bag that is marketed for electric scooters:

Good luck!
Thanks. Which mirror do you use? There are two versions on that Amazon page you sent.
What do you use the bag for? It seems really tiny. Would it feet a bike lock, like Kryptonite U-lock for example?

Here is the photo of the Bell mirror.

1588599477997.png

The bag is not too small, I carry keys, wallet, cell phone, can carry a bit more, like snacks, tube, some tools if needed. However, a lock would not fit.

@ rkracketeer, I've posted the KT-LCD5 manual, and OEM programing settings on another thread...lots of customization possibilities, and the battery controller is fully compatible with the newer colour KT-LCD displays with USB charge ports.

Thanks! I have not ventured down that road yet, but good to know. I'm using the default settings, but may try some mods later on.

Back