Himiway speed limit change?

davebike1

I recently purchased to Himiway cruisers. I I think they're great but they're maxing out around 22 miles per hour. The pamphlet says I can change the speed limit but I cannot access it via their directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200513_170140.jpg
    20200513_170140.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 1,289
I recently purchased to Himiway cruisers. I I think they're great but they're maxing out around 22 miles per hour. The pamphlet says I can change the speed limit but I cannot access it via their directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So you finally received your Himiway?

Got them! They're sweet! Climbed half way up Jackson hole mountain resort the first day. Got the speed set up to 28+ mph. Worth the wait although the weight is heavy.
Nice I am glad everything worked out for you. I am preparing my list of things to buy for modifications already. Just waiting to get the email that they have shipped then I can make my order. I am replacing the seat and and seat post.

I posted the manual and pass word in this thread.

There you can make all sorts of adjustments including top speed mods. I did so and got my bike up to 30+ mph with fast pedaling.

There you can make all sorts of adjustments including top speed mods. I did so and got my bike up to 30+ mph with fast pedaling.
Thanks, yes I saw that. It was just funny that they sent that to me, not sure if they normally do that especially if I did not ask for it. I was actually asking for the owners manual.

I was also looking at the Radrover front rack, it looks like it would fit perfectly on the Himiway - see picture.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200524-073720_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200524-073720_Chrome.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 712
Given that this bike is nearly a carbon copy of the rad rover I would assume most parts would fit ok on the himiway. However there are some minor differences with the frame if you look close enough.

Other than the max speed change. What other mods did you make to increase speed?

I've had my bike for just over 1 month & love it. Had a issue right out of the box, but with the assistance of Todd & Ken I never had any down time. A cable was sent to me that I replaced myself & bike works great. Can't beat this bike for price & equipment. I would like to know what changes you were able to make to get 30mph with peddling. I can only get it up to 25-26 mph.

I've had my bike for just over 1 month & love it. Had a issue right out of the box, but with the assistance of Todd & Ken I never had any down time. A cable was sent to me that I replaced myself & bike works great. Can't beat this bike for price & equipment. I would like to know what changes you were able to make to get 30mph with peddling. I can only get it up to 25-26 mph.

Glad to hear your enjoying your Himiway. I've put in over 500 miles on mine so far and have had no issues either so far.

As for attaining 30+ mph, all I did was change the settings in the display to allow for higher top speed. The post you quoted earlier has instructions on how to do that. One caveat I have is that on flat ground, I was only able to attain 30+ mph with a very high cadence so it's not like 30mph is sustainable. 28mph is totally doable on throttle only until the voltage starts dropping considerably.

Hope this helps!

My manual did not show it, but once you get to the special menu, enter 0510 to access the speed settings. I used mine on super fast for a bit, but too much battery was being used. Also there is no way to pedal fast enough to keep up. My bikes are at 250 miles with no issues. We ride some pretty rough and steep terrain in JH. My kid crashed his going over 20mph. but aside from a few scrapes and messed up hand grips it still runs great. The brakes are not awesome. I just ordered Juin Tech M1 hydraulic calipers to replace the manual ones for more stopping power.
Have fun, wear helmet!

Thanks for your response, I did make the speed mods & now was able to get up to 29.6 mph. GREAT.. I now have 453 miles & love this ebike. You can't beat it for the price. It gives you so much more than the Rad. I look forward to riding every morning.

My manual did not show it, but once you get to the special menu, enter 0510 to access the speed settings. I used mine on super fast for a bit, but too much battery was being used. Also there is no way to pedal fast enough to keep up. My bikes are at 250 miles with no issues. We ride some pretty rough and steep terrain in JH. My kid crashed his going over 20mph. but aside from a few scrapes and messed up hand grips it still runs great. The brakes are not awesome. I just ordered Juin Tech M1 hydraulic calipers to replace the manual ones for more stopping power.
Have fun, wear helmet!

Thanks for the info on the speed settings, I’ll have to check it out once I get my bikes.
Also, how did your hydraulic brake caliper upgrade work out?
Thanks Again

Thanks, yes I saw that. It was just funny that they sent that to me, not sure if they normally do that especially if I did not ask for it. I was actually asking for the owners manual.

I was also looking at the Radrover front rack, it looks like it would fit perfectly on the Himiway - see picture.

so has anyone tried the Rad front rack on the Cruiser and if so how does it work or not work?

Watch the YouTube of many people telling you how to set the new top speed. Newer ones go to 45 km older ones go to 99 km. 0510 is the default password. While you are in there set pedal assist to 1-5. And 20%35%55%75%95%. This makes the bike much more friendly and it won’t take off. I leave it in level one and drive off throttle. Pedaling from lights to get in traffic. 28 throttle. 30 pedal. 225 miles so far very satisfied.

Back