Brake issue on Himiway Step thru Cruiser.

Shill2505

Region
USA
Hello I am new to the site. I see a lot of great information on here. Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue. I have a Himiway step thru Cruiser just purchased it in April this year. My right brake/rear brake on the handlebar is very hard to squeeze. It also seems to stick and when that happens the power stops to the bike and I have to manually pedal it. This has not happened to my left/front brake. Does anyone have any ideas on this. We have tried tightening and loosening the brake tension. I have seen several videos, but so far no luck. I think I have a defective brake shifter.??? May need to request a new one. Thanks!!

Hello I am new to the site. I see a lot of great information on here. Wonder if anyone can help me with an issue. I have a Himiway step thru Cruiser just purchased it in April this year. My right brake/rear brake on the handlebar is very hard to squeeze. It also seems to stick and when that happens the power stops to the bike and I have to manually pedal it. This has not happened to my left/front brake. Does anyone have any ideas on this. We have tried tightening and loosening the brake tension. I have seen several videos, but so far no luck. I think I have a defective brake shifter.??? May need to request a new one. Thanks!!
its the housing and or cheap cables. Most bike shops should be willing to replace the housing and cable with good quality that will improve your braking and stop the sticking. its not too hard to do yourself either. if you want to do it yourself take the housing off and take it in for them to cut to length. but if the cable runs inside the frame then it may be best to take it to a shop.

Last edited:
its the housing and or cheap cables. Most bike shops should be willing to replace the housing and cable with good quality that will improve your braking and stop the sticking. its to really hard to do yourself either. if you want to do it yourself take the housing off and take it in for them to cut to length. but if the cable runs inside the frame then it may be best to take it to a shop.
Thanks for the info.

Back