Himiway Battery

ranger56528

I was wondering how many Himiway owners have purchased a extra battery for their bike and if so was it worth the extra 550.00 dollars?

Hi Everyone! I purchased a new Himiway bike and expect it to ship in August. Has anyone had experience using a 52V 17.5Ah battery with the bike motor? The battery supplier said to make sure the bike motor can 58.8v max at full charge. Just wanting to make sure this will work ok with the motor on the 2020 Himiway.

I don't own Himiway, I just looked on their website and it said their battery is powered by Samsung 35E, 48V 17.5Ah.

Looks like they're using Reention Kirin case, you can get a 52V upgrade if you want.

so the Kirin 48volt 17.5ah is a exact replacement on the Himiway by looking at the pics, think I will order one in 48 volt being I don’t think 52 would be much better in a 17.5ah.

I guess I did see a Bolin video a while back about the getting more power out of a 52 v 48volt, there is only a 10 dollar difference but then I need a charger capable of charging a 52v battery but I think the Kirin comes with a charger. I’ll go look.

oh one thing to mention, you will need a 52V (58.8V) charger if you get the 52V.

I purchased the 52v battery from the link you noted above. I believe it will come with the charger as noted in the description. If not I'll pick up one before I use the battery! Thanks again!

The short answer is yes.
48V is 54.6V for Li-ion and 52V is 58.8V for Li-ion.

Because the voltage is so close, generally (like 99% of time), 48V motor & and controller can handle 52V just fine.

Are you new to ebike?
I would strongly recommend watching these video.. well worth your time. :)

In my opinion, these videos are must watch for beginners.

Thanks so much for these videos! Very informative and helpful. One point that was made in the second video was about the controller's voltage capacity. The Himiway controller is apparently 48V, 25amp capacity. I'm wondering if upgrading to a 52V battery (58.8V) would burn out the 48V controller if I were to be making an extended ascent as a heavier rider (270#)?

I purchased the 52v battery from the link you noted above. I believe it will come with the charger as noted in the description. If not I'll pick up one before I use the battery! Thanks again!
From the AliExpress pictures, it looks like the battery also comes with the cradle. Could you let me know if that's the case? Also, one of the pictures actually shows what appears to be a Himiway Cruiser and this battery! If I'm right, this should definitely work. And, even if someone isn't looking to upgrade to 52V and just wants a replacement 48V 17.5Ah battery, they sell those for over $200 less than Himiway does (though it says they use Korean cells instead of Samsung).

Did you get that new battery for the Himiway yet and if so did it work out correctly?

Hey guys, YES, I did get the 52V battery and it works great with my Himiway Bike that I finally received middle of September. The AliExpress battery is identical to the Himiway one so it was just removing the factory battery and putting the 52v battery in. You don't have to change the bracket or plug anything different in. I've been using it a couple weeks now and no problems.

Hey guys, YES, I did get the 52V battery and it works great with my Himiway Bike that I finally received middle of September. The AliExpress battery is identical to the Himiway one so it was just removing the factory battery and putting the 52v battery in. You don't have to change the bracket or plug anything different in. I've been using it a couple weeks now and no problems.
So, what was the actual cost to the door and by what you said you didn't have to change anything at all on the settings? Thanx

With the Covid-19 situation, it seems Himiway was delayed a month or so when I ordered back in July. I hope their supply line gets quicker in the future.

Total price I paid was $437.12. The store was Dingtai Battery Store on the Aliexpress store (I followed the link above posted by Timpo). I ordered it 7-22 and it arrived for me in the USA by 8-6 so not too bad. The vendor might contact you to make sure the bike will accept the 52v battery. I told them yes.

Total price I paid was $437.12. The store was Dingtai Battery Store on the Aliexpress store (I followed the link above posted by Timpo). I ordered it 7-22 and it arrived for me in the USA by 8-6 so not too bad. The vendor might contact you to make sure the bike will accept the 52v battery. I told them yes.
Sorry, just to clarify... Did you have to change any settings at all and did it come with the needed charger?

Back