High Ah Batteries

IMG_4115.JPG
Grin doesn't add the LED gauge, it's a feature most battery case makers add.

The CA3 has a bar gauge in the upper left hand corner, as I said because it displays voltage it isn't that accurate. My LVC is set at 42 and you can see it reads almost empty. Ah used is much more reliable and that is constantly updated along with watts consumed and wh/mi
IMG_4081.JPG

Having info like this on the bars is a big part of my operation.

In fact the 52v 10.5 Ah shark battery on this bike doesn't even have led's on it.

Yes of course, my apologies. I thought we were discussing battery case LED gauges. I have several CA3's you are correct. My posts were intended to discuss battery cases, not CA3 displays. Ive never payed arrention to that graphic.

What do you set the multimeter dial on and where do you touch the leads?
Haven't been around here in a while, and didn't see an answer to the leads question.

You can check voltage at the charge port *or* where the battery plugs into the bike. If you have a 48v plastic case battery, you have a 3 pin connector at the charge port (36v use a different connector to avoid mixing them up). You check voltage at the outer holes, not the middle. The same goes for the four holes that plug into the bike - use the outer ones.

Back