Hey , greethings from me. I'm realy happy with my bike . 2000 km. Yet now the wet seson started an my bike wont start anymore.

Hopefully, the problem is with wet connectors and not with water inside the motor or electronics. Remove the battery and split accessible connectors and let everything dry, perhaps with a little help from a hair dryer. Consider using WD-40 to assist water dispersal and rust prevention but only where it cannot get inside vulnerable parts. Be cautious: if you don't know where the WD-40 will penetrate to, don't use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it just spent a night in the rain, just keep riding it. If you drove it into a lake or a river, it's going to need some attention -ASAP-, and if you need to ask about it, taking it to a pro that can get started on it right away may be the better plan.

I've ridden my Radrover through a couple of driving rain storms that felt like a riding in a touch-less carwash. The controller, hub motor, and even the LCD seemed to be water resistant if you do not submerge. The weak points seem to be the connections with the wiring harness. I would double-check all connections for a secure connection, zero moisture, and no start of corrosion.

The best thing I purchased when washing my car or ebikes was a small electric air blower. There are so many places for water to hide on a bike and start to rust screws, get into cracks, or displace lubricant. I use this air blower right after a wash or when I get home if I get caught in the rain. Also works great for blowing dust/dirt/leaves out of my garage floor/shelves/stuff, hard to dry places after washing my car, or on computers.

XPower A-2 Air blower, Amazon, $50: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BI4UQK0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

buy a heat gun from Harbor Freight...lowest setting, or use a hair dryer. Unplug every connector and use it to dry. Before reconnecting, put in dialectric grease. Rad has instructions for reconnecting connectors.

Back