Hey Court, looking to purchase my first e-bike and I have been STRUGGLING!

tomtom

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada
My budget is around ~$2000 CDN and was leaning towards the voltbike yukon 750 limited 2020 but have been on the edge with the Radrover 5 as well.
You've listed the Radrover 5 as being the best affordable fat bike of 2020, but on paper it looks like the yukon has the rover beat in many categories.
My question is why is the Radrover 5 considered you're best pick when these are two bikes at same price points?

Also, I have realized since I would be mainly using this bike as a commuter and recreational city biking that a fat bike may look quite silly amongst everyone else and a bit excessive.
Do you have any solid recommendations at my price point? I've considered the aventon 500's and level (a little over my budget) but they have some draw backs like not including integrated lights.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think that's a great question when considering just one bike vs. the other. I'd like to hear the specifics there as well.

Another bike might be the Rize Leisure.

Last edited:
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada
My budget is around ~$2000 CDN and was leaning towards the voltbike yukon 750 limited 2020 but have been on the edge with the Radrover 5 as well.
You've listed the Radrover 5 as being the best affordable fat bike of 2020, but on paper it looks like the yukon has the rover beat in many categories.
My question is why is the Radrover 5 considered you're best pick when these are two bikes at same price points?

Also, I have realized since I would be mainly using this bike as a commuter and recreational city biking that a fat bike may look quite silly amongst everyone else and a bit excessive.
Do you have any solid recommendations at my price point? I've considered the aventon 500's and level (a little over my budget) but they have some draw backs like not including integrated lights.

Thank you!
Take a look at https://www.jo-e-cycles.com/sales in Vancouver, they have folding ebikes there and the price is pretty good.

Unless you're mechanically inclined I'd recommend buying an ebike from a bike dealer in Vancouver. Ebikes are much more complicated than regular bikes and, consequently, there are more things that can go wrong.
Having the shop that sold you the bike close by will be a godsend if something goes wrong with your bike.
Also, try to pick a brand that has been around for awhile. Many ebike companies that are out now won't be still in business in 5 years.

CitEcyles, located in Vancouver, sells Aventon, which, from what I've read, is a decent ebike, and they have a number of models that fall into your price range.
You might want to give them a visit.

Back