Heres a nice E-Mountain Trike I built for a friend in Alaska

SteveO13

This was a very fun & challenging build, I just love this trike! It has the MAC Geared Hub Motor 8 turn with 48V 30AH LifePO4 Battery in the box on back which also gives a lockable storage area. traveling 26 miles to a charge with no peddling... I also fabricated those rear fenders out of a stock feeding trough I bought a a local store.

I decided to show off my the bikes & trikes I build so others can see whats possible, Enjoy!

1.PNG 4.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG 6.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 11.PNG 12.PNG

Last edited:
This was a very fun & challenging build, I just love this trike! It has the MAC Geared Hub Motor 8 turn with 48V 30AH LifePO4 Battery in the box on back which also gives a lockable storage area. traveling 26 miles to a charge with no peddling... I also fabricated those rear fenders out of a stock feeding trough I bought a a local store.

I decided to show off my the bikes & trikes I build so others can see whats possible, Enjoy!

View attachment 2217 View attachment 2220 View attachment 2223 View attachment 2224 View attachment 2228 View attachment 2229 View attachment 2230 View attachment 2233 View attachment 2234
Very nice build Steve. What kind of price do you get on something like that? Did you do the wheel lacing yourself? Details, details...

Hey lilrich1959, the company I get the motor kits from laced that one... That one sold for $3600 because of all the custom work ie: welding the box, fabing the rear fenders, wiring details ect...

I laced this wheel on my mountain bike though, I even found two NOS 24" wheels from 2006 lol, so I bought them & laced one up! :

Thanks for your interest...

I like it Steve! Makes me think E-Bike Servi-Car...

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
1942 Harley-Davidson "Servicar"

I am the tech at a EBS so deal with manufactured bikes mainly. Have done some builds myself though, nothing like yours mainly due to limited funds and time. Nice to see a quality build. Welcome to the forum I hope to see a lot more from you. Your skills and knowledge will be appreciated. You gave that machine away at that price the amount of work involved is obvious, must have been a good friend. People don't realize sometimes especially newbies who are sucked in by the kits. Thinking they can just slap them together in five minutes. Your passion shows and shared by a lot of folks here.

When I saw your price, I too thought it was a giveaway price like @lilrich1959

Very nice build Steve... Welcome to EBR-Com! Oh, when can I get my Serv-e-bike? Of course at that rock bottom price!

That's an excellent trike for those with limited mobility.. And that price is a giveaway with all the custom work that you did.

Wow guys, thank you so much for those kind words really! Yes she is a great friend, I grew up with her in Alaska in the 60's & 70's. She's going off grid & wanted a vehicle that was less dependent on fossil fuels. So that's where I came into the equation lol.... I've built a few different types of gas savers over the years, gas footboard scooters (like a goped ect..) & electric bikes & trikes...

0214151134.jpg 0214151133a.jpg 0214151133.jpg 0214151136a.jpg 0214151136.jpg 22.PNG 25.PNG 29.PNG 33.PNG
This is another bike I built, for sale here on the forums. This bike is a total dream to ride, 8" of front & rear suspension, big hydraulic disk brakes, 25 miles with no peddling & all, built with quality & attention to detail (see pic. of wiring & control box, all connectors are in the red box to keep out of the elements ect..) three speed cruise control 16, 19 & 24 mph., MTX rear bag system that I cut & had professionally rewelded at the correct angle. Also the wheel in the pic. is a 2006 NOS wheel, it took me a year to find that so the bike would look like it was built that way by Specialized & not just tossed together by some knob lol... And the list goes on & on it seems... You gotta love this stuff!

Last edited:
This is my moms trike built almost 7 years ago, she's 77 & wanted to get around town without driving a car so this was my answer! The LifPo4 36V 20AH battery is 6 years old now & still runs like new! She wants a gas 4 stroke trike now for the travel distance, so she is now selling this trike. Its still in great condition for $1200.. sorry about that old pic. lol, but you get the idea.... By the way, the trike still looks the same condition wise, always being stored inside all its life.
Moms elect. trike.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 2217 View attachment 2220 View attachment 2223 View attachment 2224 View attachment 2228 View attachment 2229 View attachment 2230 View attachment 2233 View attachment 2234
Awesome set up on this trike! We get some folks in Texas who haul a lotta stuff (including them) and that looks like a pretty cush ride.

Back