Here is what I am thinking about putting together...and yes I am new

TACO MAC

Region
USA
EBIKELING 48V 1500W 26" Direct Drive Rear Waterproof eBike Bike Conversion Kit using a UPP Factory (US Warehouse) Triangle Ebike Battery - 48V/52V 20Ah Electric Bike Lithinum Battery Pack for 1800W/1500W/1000W/750W/500W Bafang Voilamart AW Ancheer and other ebikes. Mounted on a

Diamondback Axis XE Mountain Bike all replies, insights, good and bad welcome!​

Last edited:
Total cost is about 950.00 US Have not found an ebike with that power for that price...maybe its out there what do you recommend. Determinedly need some torque bars, probably go with 5mm steel.

EBIKELING 48V 1500W 26" Direct Drive Rear Waterproof eBike Bike Conversion Kit using a UPP Factory (US Warehouse) Triangle Ebike Battery - 48V/52V 20Ah Electric Bike Lithinum Battery Pack for 1800W/1500W/1000W/750W/500W Bafang Voilamart AW Ancheer and other ebikes. Mounted on a

Diamondback Axis XE Mountain Bike all replies, insights, good and bad welcome!​

That price does not include any battery I assume? If you enjoy tinkering go for it. But if you are trying to save money consider just buying a used Ebike. Quality batteries last a very long time so I would not hesitate to buy a quality used Ebike from Giant ,Trek ,Specialized etc.

I'm wondering what kind of riding you plan on doing with this bike? I ask as I made the mistake of building something similar, and I found it gutless when it comes to accelerating from a stop, and climbing larger hills with my 300lb butt aboard.

I ended up going with a 1000w gear driven rear hub, and not only gained a lot of performance at speeds under 20mph or so, I my battery charge lasted about 10 mile further. The 1500w hub drive would go an easy 25 miles, which I thought wasn't bad. I switched to the gear drive, and went to 35 miles with NO other changes.

Had a seizure about 2 months ago while driving....instant 1 year suspension. RATSS!! I really do not plan on anything over 25 miles, 6 foot 185lbs. Family all within 10 miles here in Georgia. Put some saddle bags on. Great opportunity to get back in shape used to run and ran Peachtree Road Race 8 times. but im 52 retired...looking for a pt job.

That price does not include any battery I assume? If you enjoy tinkering go for it. But if you are trying to save money consider just buying a used Ebike. Quality batteries last a very long time so I would not hesitate to buy a quality used Ebike from Giant ,Trek ,Specialized etc.
UPP battery is $358.00 and Conversion kit is $385.00 bike is mine value at 300.00

Last edited:
Total cost is about 950.00 US Have not found an ebike with that power for that price...maybe its out there what do you recommend. Determinedly need some torque bars, probably go with 5mm steel.
That's the price of a new Lectric XP.

Had a seizure about 2 months ago while driving....instant 1 year suspension. RATSS!! I really do not plan on anything over 25 miles, 6 foot 185lbs. Family all within 10 miles here in Georgia. Put some saddle bags on. Great opportunity to get back in shape used to run and ran Peachtree Road Race 8 times. but im 52 retired...looking for a pt job.
Hills? Lot's of stop and go?

You go for it Taco Mac! Sounds like a good plan, and like you said, can't buy a bike with that kind of power even close to that price...

You go for it Taco Mac! Sounds like a good plan, and like you said, can't buy a bike with that kind of power even close to that price...
That's what it looks like on the surface - trusting that the motor's rated wattage translates directly to available performance. That's NOT the case. That's the point I was trying to make earlier. If you compare the performance of a direct drive hub, to that of a gear driven hub, there's a HUGE difference. For instance, just a little 500w gear driven hub will literally blow away a 1500w direct drive hub in a race to 20mph!

My direct drive hub will haul my 230lbs from a dead stop to 28-30mph in 8-10 seconds...
Not having ridden other ebikes, it seems pretty good to me.
This is coming from an old biker.

Don't get a triangle battery. Get a Hailong type 52V 20Ah and mount it to your frame. You will be happier. I know that the triangle is cheaper, but for the price difference, over the long run, you will be happier with your decision. You deserve it.

Hailong type
Run from UPP and find a seller using Reention cases. Safer cases in that the cells can have air space around them rather than cells being glued together.
BAFFECB5-7C25-496C-91DC-F89C0937C622_1_100_o.jpeg

Well, the out-of-pocket cost is $743. He already has the donor bike. which has disk brakes. He can convert them to hydraulics for $89.

There are 1500 DD motor kits for $100-150 less, but I would be leery of them. THere was a time (2015-2019) when one could buy the ebikeling motor for under $199, but it used more primitive connectors and had no display. That would be today's cheaper kits.

Having built more bikes than I care to count on my fingers. it's hard to build them for less than buying them, but you have to compare like for like. Taco Mac is not going to find something built that runs north of 30 mph for $999, if that is what he wants.

Last edited:
I did my first kit build when there were no eBikes locally available in 2014. When I finally found a few to actually sit on I discovered there were no frames used that I preferred. Townie style flat foot frame eBikes were nonexistent. That original build, on a Trek Pure (flat foot like Townies). It's still my favorite ride. A Ninecontinent 1000W front direct drive.

These days there are more choices, but too many brands have created proprietary parts making self-support nearly impossible.

That's the price of a new Lectric XP.
Thais a great recommendation Goudon71 and had not seen it before. I read five reviews and company info and consumer reviews. It gets pronominal reviews and customer support is outstanding. But..and I am sure you saw this coming....I'm not a big fat boy tire and step through fan, exposed wiring, heavy at 60+ pounds, key in batterry and some rust issues. Also would like to add my cell phone upfront. Also, not suitable for my driving area, would like something with a bigger footprint and visibility for drivers. Ii'm in Roswell, Alpharetta area, lots of traffic. If I get a step through then I am going old school 1980 Honda Express...Rock on!!LOL. Love those mopeds.

Hills? Lot's of stop and go?
Hi AHicks,

Yes just getting out of my neighborhood there is a true 1/10 mile 18 degree grade hill. I know...its one of of the very few steep hills in a subdivision upon entering and leaving that I have seen,But its there...start off gentle then wham, you looking at the sky praying nobody is coming over the top in your lane. Roswell and surrounding are are notorious for the hills here , they are steep and long and rolling. Yes there are a lot of stop and goes.

Back