Help

Thanks have sent E-Bike Essentials and E-mail hope they help me. They are a little unhappy because I reprogrammed the controller. Will call the shipping store tomorrow.

Have you tried going back to stock program. Worth a try if you saved an .el file.

Never rely on gauges as they are just a gauge. Hence why we never go near lvc, you never really know what's going on at cell level gets very volatile so stay away from low voltages.

How far in the conversation did you go into reprogramming? On some displays you can "program" set voltages, wheel sizes etc on the display I spose this could be construed as programming 😜 wink wink

How far in the conversation did you go into reprogramming? On some displays you can "program" set voltages, wheel sizes etc on the display I spose this could be construed as programming 😜 wink wink
What are you from Y. O. too 😏

Thanks have sent E-Bike Essentials and E-mail hope they help me. They are a little unhappy because I reprogrammed the controller. Will call the shipping store tomorrow.
If they are honest and want to help... Reprogramming the controller can damage the controller and/or motor... Not the battery. Try to explain that the changes that you made were to make the motor less aggressive and safer than the way it was sent and that you are an older gentleman and don't require high speed and power.
I can understand their hesitation as many a child has tried to reprogram these to be rockets, burn them up and then try to claim warranty. But again, we're talking battery here.
Good luck and let me know how you make out.

North Central Florida age 71. No they know I reprogrammed the controller the bike was unsafe to ride in a group. Touch the pedal at the wrong it would take off so hard I had a hard time no running into someone at a red light.Other times I couldn't fell any power and if I went to the next step in would pull way past the speed I wanted. Factory was just too rough or touchy, stopped and leaned it again a wall touched the pedal as I walked by and the bike tries to take off. Bike just wasn't safe.

North Central Florida age 71. No they know I reprogrammed the controller the bike was unsafe to ride in a group. Touch the pedal at the wrong it would take off so hard I had a hard time no running into someone at a red light.Other times I couldn't fell any power and if I went to the next step in would pull way past the speed I wanted. Factory was just too rough or touchy, stopped and leaned it again a wall touched the pedal as I walked by and the bike tries to take off. Bike just wasn't safe.
I agree... I softened all the settings on my bbso2b as well and it's a much friendlier ride now with still more than enough power to do what I want.

When I talked to E-Bike Essentials in the past about the system shutting down before the Low Voltage setting of 41 volts they didn't want to talk because I had reprogrammed, I just love the system once I got it reprogrammed.

Back