Help with my Ultra: Would you please do me a favor?

Tallymoo

Region
USA
I am trying to diagnose a problem I'm having with my Ultra. I have lost speed indications (shows 00.0 mph) and the motor cuts out after only 3-5 seconds of engaging once I start pedaling. This occurs at all PAS levels. In addition, the power level for those 3-5 seconds seems to be the same at all levels but at a reduced power. The throttle is working fine.
I'm trying to determine if the lack of a speed signal is the cause of these problems or a symptom of something else.
So, if you have a bike with a Bafang Ultra (M620, G510), would you please do me favor and remove your speedo magnet from your spoke and then ride it and let me know how it behaves without the magnet installed? Is it similar to what I have described above?
Thanks for helping me out!
I look forward to your comments.
Edub

I am trying to diagnose a problem I'm having with my Ultra. I have lost speed indications (shows 00.0 mph) and the motor cuts out after only 3-5 seconds of engaging once I start pedaling. This occurs at all PAS levels. In addition, the power level for those 3-5 seconds seems to be the same at all levels but at a reduced power. The throttle is working fine.
I'm trying to determine if the lack of a speed signal is the cause of these problems or a symptom of something else.
So, if you have a bike with a Bafang Ultra (M620, G510), would you please do me favor and remove your speedo magnet from your spoke and then ride it and let me know how it behaves without the magnet installed? Is it similar to what I have described above?
Thanks for helping me out!
I look forward to your comments.
Edub
That is how the Bafang BBS02B behaves with the magnet removed. Depending on your display you should see an error code 21 as well.
When you spin the wheel and the magnet passes the sensor... Does the LED flash off?

That is how the Bafang BBS02B behaves with the magnet removed. Depending on your display you should see an error code 21 as well.
When you spin the wheel and the magnet passes the sensor... Does the LED flash off?
GR
Where is this LED lite located on the speed sensor?
There is NOT one on my 2021 model bike.......that I can find.
Tia,
Don

Mine doesn't have an LED. The sensor location is a bit tricky too, the magnet has to be in the middle of the sensor, not towards the big round end like you might think.

SR_SD021.01.png

Reactions: rtp
Mine doesn't have an LED. The sensor location is a bit tricky too, the magnet has to be in the middle of the sensor, not towards the big round end like you might think.

SR_SD021.01.png
MM
My sensor is the same as you posted.......my sensor has a little embossed design where the magnet is, I double checked with a very tiny magnet to see where the OEM magnet was located.
Tia,
Don

Back