HELP WITH GIO FALCON ELECTRONIC SCOOTER

docstar77

My scooter is about 2 years old. I live in a cold Canadian province, I actually
rode this most of the winter and it performed amazingly well - the bike has been outside all winter. Now at the end of winter its developed what seems like an electrical issue. Im hoping this is something I can fix myself and would appreciate any insight and feedback that may help.

What happens is, when the scooter is turned on it runs if I am only turning left, if I straighten the front wheel or turn right the back wheel where the engine is just stops, power is cut off, the LED panel remains on. As soon as I turn far left ( front wheel ), the engine powers back on. The left handle of bike is for rear brake, sometime back I dropped the bike and it messed up the tension for that cable, it still works but I have to press harder than normal to get the brake indicator to go on.

The power only cuts out when I turn right, and what looks like a throttle icon appears on the LED panel display.

I checked to see if the rear back lights come on when I turn right to see if somehow brakes were being activated when turning right, but the brakes lights do not turn on.

If I turn right, the engine cuts out and the throttle icon appears on the LED panel.

Any ideas what the problem might be and how to fix?

My scooter is about 2 years old. I live in a cold Canadian province, I actually
rode this most of the winter and it performed amazingly well - the bike has been outside all winter. Now at the end of winter its developed what seems like an electrical issue. Im hoping this is something I can fix myself and would appreciate any insight and feedback that may help.

What happens is, when the scooter is turned on it runs if I am only turning left, if I straighten the front wheel or turn right the back wheel where the engine is just stops, power is cut off, the LED panel remains on. As soon as I turn far left ( front wheel ), the engine powers back on. The left handle of bike is for rear brake, sometime back I dropped the bike and it messed up the tension for that cable, it still works but I have to press harder than normal to get the brake indicator to go on.

The power only cuts out when I turn right, and what looks like a throttle icon appears on the LED panel display.

I checked to see if the rear back lights come on when I turn right to see if somehow brakes were being activated when turning right, but the brakes lights do not turn on.

If I turn right, the engine cuts out and the throttle icon appears on the LED panel.

Any ideas what the problem might be and how to fix?
sounds like some kind of short you need to check the wiring. did you leave the battery outside the whole time?

I would trace the wires from the handlebars back to the controller, looking for connectors that have been pulled loose. However, it's likely a frayed wire inside a cable, and that's more likely at the ends of each cable. You have to wiggle them til you get the fault.

Back