Trek FX+2 E-Bike died

TimDean

Region
United Kingdom
I have a one month old Trek FX+2 that died this morning.

It had a full charge and I was out riding to work and around 4km into my commute the assist died and all the LEDs on the handlebar controller went out. I turned it back on and got 5 green LEDs, then when I pressed the plus button to up the assist level from zero to two, all the light went out again. The same thing happened again the next time I tried to turn it on. Now every time I try to turn it on nothing happens, no LEDs at all.

When I got to work I placed it on charge to see if that would reset anything. However again there were no lights on the handlebar controller.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what may be wrong and how to fix it?

Many thanks for any help.

I can’t help other than to say take it back where you bought it and let them fix it.

I can’t help other than to say take it back where you bought it and let them fix it.
Will have too.

Unfortunately The store I bought it from 'Evans Cycles' which, I have found, are seriously poor at customer relations. I did have another issue that Evans failed to resolve. I had to talk directly with Trek to get a fix.

Will have too.

Unfortunately The store I bought it from 'Evans Cycles' which, I have found, are seriously poor at customer relations. I did have another issue that Evans failed to resolve. I had to talk directly with Trek to get a fix.
Stores don't know anything about proprietary electronics. Brands/Bosch etc deliberately lock them out. Nothing like pedal bike parts.

Stores don't know anything about proprietary electronics. Brands/Bosch etc deliberately lock them out. Nothing like pedal bike parts.
Bike shops can be (and some are) certified to work on Bosch parts and can do at least basic diagnostics and repairs. I've seen it happen.

Last edited:
You need to watch where you are grinding your axe. Of course Bosch isn't going to help diagnose a bike with a Hyena drive.

Hyena certainly makes it sound like they provide a lot of tools to dealers to support their drives.
But a crappy dealer will be crappy no matter what bike you take to them.

Back