Help with frame size

SirOthelot

Region
Europe
I'm looking for any insight choosing between frame sizes. Unfortunately I'm right in the middle of R&M size recommendations and I was wondering if there is anyone out there who is my size and has some experience with these bikes. Unfortunately I can not test these and have to order blind. I'm 183 cm (6'0) and 83 cm (32,5") inseam. The models I'm interested in are Delite and Charger3.

For Charger3 I'm right between size 49 (170-185cm) and 53 (180-195cm)
For Delite I'm right between size 51 (170-185cm) and 56 (180-200cm)

If there is anyone out there around my size riding these I would love to hear about it.

I'm 185 cm (6' 1") with ~84cm (33") inseam, and recently got a size 51 Superdelite. I did get the GX package which does raise the bike's standover height 2cm according to R&M's spec sheet. I'm glad I got the 51 size. I never feel like the bike is too small for me, and I can comfortably stand over the frame flat footed.

This is a sore subject for me. I'm 6'5", 37" inseam and have to fully extend the seat post on the largest framed bikes. I have the 56cm Delite GX (with dropper post) and it fits me but I'm at the very top of it's design range. This is something I have become accustomed to over my life. The 51cm Delite or 49cm Charger might feel the best and keep your riding CG a bit lower which is better for handling.

Thanks a million for the comments guys. This was extremely helpful and I feel I can safely go with the smaller frames. Even though the usual thumb rule is when in doubt go bigger, I somehow felt that R&Ms are big bikes as it is and the rule might not apply here. I'm also planning to go with the GX package.

I am your same height and bought a Charger 3. Love it! Get the 49 frame. They are taller than you think. With a 53 you will be crushing nuggets every time you stop.

Awesome guys. I already put an order in for Delite GT Vario with GX option, bigger battery and the 51cm frame. Let's hope I get it before end of season. :) Thanks for comments everyone, I now feel confident that the smaller frame is definately not too small for me.

Just a short update here. Got the bike and yeah, it is not small. :D I mean the size is good for me, but I can not possibly understand how anyone even near my size would need a bigger frame. So if anyone else out there is wondering, if you are around 6ft, I would say forget the biggest frame sizes, despite the official recommendations.

Just a short update here. Got the bike and yeah, it is not small. :D I mean the size is good for me, but I can not possibly understand how anyone even near my size would need a bigger frame. So if anyone else out there is wondering, if you are around 6ft, I would say forget the biggest frame sizes, despite the official recommendations.
You also may want to consider the fact that due to the dual suspension system on the Delite bikes, the bike seems taller until it compresses somewhat under your weight.

Back