Help With Carrier for ST5

Larry Ohlmann

I'm looking for a good carrier to mount on my trailer hitch (2") for my ST5. I understand the the bike is 66.5lbs but I'm not sure that includes the 9.8lbs that the battery weighs. Can someone clarify the actual weight.
I'll be using the carrier on a SUV and will need to open the rear door while the bikes on the carrier. Any suggestions?

I just got a Thule easyfold XT 2 and I love it. Makes moving the ST2 around a lot easier!
Thanks Kiomon. After reviewing a lot of the e-bike carriers, I chose to go with the Hollywood HOLLYWOOD HR1450Z-E. I loved the Thule for the ease of loading but the Hollywood offered some other features I liked as well and was considerably less.

I chose to go with the Hollywood HOLLYWOOD HR1450Z-E.

Larry, I'm curious to hear what you think of this rack. I got the same one and my first time out with it was a bit of a struggle. It holds the bikes fine but getting them in was a chore that required two people. Those hooks are hard to move up and down.

Larry, I'm curious to hear what you think of this rack. I got the same one and my first time out with it was a bit of a struggle. It holds the bikes fine but getting them in was a chore that required two people. Those hooks are hard to move up and down.
I've just ordered it and expect to have it in a week or so. I did anticipate that loading it would be a problem but not any more that the one I'm using now (The Thule EZ load was the most attractive for loading but much more expensive). I'll post something after I've had some experience about my thoughts.

I have a 1upusa and it is a terrific bicycle to load my Stromer ST-2 on it. Check up the YouTube checkups on the carrier. Well worth in regard to the cost

I've just ordered it and expect to have it in a week or so. I did anticipate that loading it would be a problem but not any more that the one I'm using now (The Thule EZ load was the most attractive for loading but much more expensive). I'll post something after I've had some experience about my thoughts.
I have now had the opportunity to use the Hollywood HR1450Z-E carrier On the plus side, it is very solid and fits tightly on the hitch receiver. The loaded bikes are extremely secure and there is no movement as you drive. On the negative: the hooks hard to move up and down as Joathenine reported earlier. I also found it to be somewhat clumsy with the pivot bolts, L pins and snapper pin. The website suggests lifting the front wheel on the holder first and then lifting the back wheel. That seems to work well. Bottom line is I am satisfied that the bikes are safely secured and that it holds so much weight (up to 80 lbs per bike). The carrier is a good value, well made and protects the investment of your e-bike.

Back