Help finding Bafang hub replacement parts.

Ross Racer

I have a 250w Bafang hub motor with a cassette. I’m hoping to find freehub for it. Does anyone have experience finding parts for Bafang hubs?

Freewheels and cassettes for your Bafang are the same as for a standand bike, and available where bike parts are sold. Here's the difference between cassette and freewheel.

Internal parts? If you know your motor model number, you can probably find a clutch/gear assembly for it online. I bought a spare set of gears ($19) with my 250W Bafang ($79) back in 2016. Anything else, you might as well buy a new motor.

Freewheels and cassettes for your Bafang are the same as for a standand bike, and available where bike parts are sold. Here's the difference between cassette and freewheel.

Internal parts? If you know your motor model number, you can probably find a clutch/gear assembly for it online. I bought a spare set of gears ($19) with my 250W Bafang ($79) back in 2016. Anything else, you might as well buy a new motor.

Where did you buy your 250w Bafang hub? Also I’m looking for the cassette freehub which is the ratchet mechanism the cassette cogs mount on. It is secured with (6) 4mm screws to the cover and jam nuts on the axle. Any idea where I can buy any of these things?

I bough the motor and gears from BMSbattery.com, but they never sold a casstte axle, what it seems you're looking for, and they don't even sell my SWXH any more. WIth these sub $100 motors, not worth carrying parts for them.

It's a lot of work to buy a different cassette motor and spoke it in the wheel, but I think your only option is to do that, or buy it already laced into a rim.

I was able to find the cassette freehub for my Bafang hub at Surface 604 bikes. So far in my Ebike experience the best customer support I have encountered.

I was able to find the cassette freehub for my Bafang hub at Surface 604 bikes. So far in my Ebike experience the best customer support I have encountered.

How is the replacement procedure? Is it just removing the axle nuts or do the screws near the freehub need to be removed? I have a Juiced CCX that uses a SWX02 hub motor & I'm wondering if that freehub will be compatible with it. My freehub likely needs servicing or replacement in the future after riding through some flooded sections of road.

Back