Help, controller says battery dead, it isnt

McApple

DW's Evo City Wave is having controller problems. We are in Bar Harbor on vacation, this is her 4th time out with the bike.

On power up, everything looks good for an instant, then it shows a 28 error code, flashes low battery and then gives a 13 error code and a triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

It started doing this yesterday, it would run for perhaps 1/2 mile on the lowest assist level then die. While rebooting one time I pushed the button for the lights and the display came up fully and showed full charge. For the rest of the day, turning on the power and turning on the lights would work.

Today, nothing would work, cycling the power off/on gives about 1/2 mile of assist, then assist dies.

Does anyone know of any way to reboot the controller, or some troubleshooting that I could try. FWIW, the battery shows 5 green lights when you push the button on the battery.

Thanks,

Macky

OK, error code 13 is electrical. Some have resolved it with a firmware update, not happening on our vacation, I will check the wiring and try cleaning the contacts to see if that helps at all.

Update: It was a bad controller, we managed to get through our vacation by developing work arounds and choosing our routes. Our thanks to the folks at Scooteretti and the it service department.

Back