Help Choosing a folding bike for my wife... ?

Deaf Gryphon

Hi every biker...

Gryphon here, and I have some news...

Me, wife and daughter are going to be moving to a new small town, and we are going to need some good electric folding bikes. My wife said no motorcycle for me, so we are doing the next best thing, E-bikes. ^^ We will have a garage where the bikes will be stored, but the main choice would be the folding option, as the bikes would be loaded into the back of our minivan for trips to the riding paths.

I have chosen some 20" inch wheeled bikes I liked, however my wife is having some difficulty finding some folding E-bikes she likes.
She does like the beach cruiser low step thru style bikes like the Himiway, however they aren't foldable.
Does anyone have any bikes that would fit the bill? We are certainly open to all suggestions. Bikes with the best ratings are preferred.
Thank you all for reading and replying... ^^

DeafGryphon <><
(picture of my wife for attention... ^^)

Attachments

• F5A00F24-2C0B-4688-821B-60856D146415.jpeg
    F5A00F24-2C0B-4688-821B-60856D146415.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 189
I don't know which particular Himiway model you're referring to, but I'm guessing she wants to get a 26 inch fat bike tire with step thru foldable frame?
Oh yes, my apologies. It is indeed the Himiway 26 inch tire step thru model shown here... but sadly it isn't foldable.

Is there an electric bike in this style that is foldable?

Attachments

• 41AE0A2A-8912-4EC2-844F-476740A5FFEF.png
    41AE0A2A-8912-4EC2-844F-476740A5FFEF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
Last edited:
I would try Costco. Can easily return it if it doesn't work out.

In store they also have a Sondors Smart Step LTD for $1499. I don't see it online at costco.com any more but you may want to check your local warehouse. Can also try clicking thru the banner in this link for costco members.

Not a fat tire but the Montague M-E1 is a full size wheel folding ebike with a Class 1 Shimano motor, see Court’s review here https://electricbikereview.com/montague/m-e1/
Ooooo I'll definitely check that out now... thank you... ^^
I'm looking at everyone's suggestions, and will start shopping with her in control of what she likes.
She's the one with the wallet. And we will let you know after June 1st when we move to our new place, or about a week after.

Again, thank you everyone for the suggestions.

DeafGryphon <><

Last edited:
Nothing causes more marital friction than the husband choosing a bike for the wife. Just give her the money and stay out of it! Have her go to some shops and ride before buying anything! Any mistakes and it's all on her. 50 years of experience here.

Nothing causes more marital friction than the husband choosing a bike for the wife. Just give her the money and stay out of it! Have her go to some shops and ride before buying anything! Any mistakes and it's all on her. 50 years of experience here.
But of course, must have a happy wife first. Now the hard part is finding a reputable bike shop. ^^

hold up, are you trying to buy an online ebike? or are you trying to buy one from LBS (local bike shop)?
We will probably order online after we move, taking the names of the bikes she likes and have her choose.
We will let ya know what happens. We will also check on Local Bike Shops, to see if they can work on them if needed.

DeafGryphon <><

Here's the Sondors folding step thru I saw at Costco. I was mistken, price is actually 1449.99.

PXL_20220410_005434449.jpg

Deaf Gryphon,
A side note to consider; a 20” wheel has a diameter of about 24” when used with a fat tire.
Plenty of folders with that size.
Enjoy your move.

Back