Hello from new member Greeley (not related to Horace)

Greeley

Found this great site today while researching racks for truck beds. (Still searching.) I have a new 70 pound bike coming in July and the store strongly suggests a hitch rack and I’m resisting.

I always transported me wonderful Currie Nitro safely on its side and wrapped in moving blankets, and it worked fine. But a rack of some type is probably in my future.

Really liked my 2012 Currie Nitro EFlow (category 2 w assist and a throttle). But the battery became less charge friendly and I sent it to a firm in Las Vegas to get “repacked” today. (Ground by Fed Ex.) Tried the same a month ago to ship by UPS and even though it was marked all over w pictures of batteries and warnings, it got pulled from shipment.

Looking forward to learning from others on this site!

See this thread about getting the battery to the rebuild facility. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/electric-bike-battery-repair-repacking.16033/
There is a guy in LA and another in Ohio, plus the one in LV.
You have to drive your battery there, you are not a certified haz mat shipper. To ship LiIon batteries you have to be that. The course takes $xxxx and your shipping facility has to be certified too. Plus there is business liability insurance to purchase.
I've been to Greeley CO on the way from Fort Morgan weather project to Montcoal, CO. When I was born we lived in Montcoal, WV.

Last edited:
Back