Hello from New England!

LovelySquare83

Region
USA
Hello everyone! I'm very new (2 weeks) to the e-bike world and love it so far! Coming from a non-electric Electra Townie cruiser, my new Cannondale Tesoro X Remixte is a total blast (I wrote a first impressions review in the Cannondale sub-forum). I wasn't entirely planning on buying one but my boyfriend bought an e-bike and I was having a hard time keeping up with him, so here I am. The EBR review of the this model was incredibly helpful to me when I was deciding what to test and buy, thanks Court!

Where in New England? I'm in SW NH, which has great riding for most of the year, not on bike trails but on back roads with little or no traffic, but lots of hills - perfect for giving your ebike motor a work-out!

Where in New England? I'm in SW NH, which has great riding for most of the year, not on bike trails but on back roads with little or no traffic, but lots of hills - perfect for giving your ebike motor a work-out!
You’re lucky…..such a beautiful area to live.
Vermont and New Hampshire are my family’s favorite spots to vacation at.
Such a beautiful area of the country!

You’re lucky…..such a beautiful area to live.
Vermont and New Hampshire are my family’s favorite spots to vacation at.
Such a beautiful area of the country!
If you ever want suggestions for SW NH, let me know. Meanwhile, this is one of our favorite mid ride stops, where there's a great general store with food.
Photo_6553694_DJI_94_jpg_5492018_0_2021116131634_photo_original.jpg

Just found this thread…

I decided to join the other day after finding good insights about the bike I was considering for my second eBike. That bike is now being readied for delivery.
  1. Bike I - Trek PowerFly 4 — Delivered March 2022. This bike has enabled me to continue doing one the things I love — riding (predominantly) on the trails and back roads in the woods of New England. I say continue because my knees are pretty much shot, I'm heavier than I should be, and I'm not as young as I used to be. I've done 169 miles of trail riding so far this season and lost 30 lbs. thanks to this bike (and eating better).

Except for the addition of a Rokform Mountain Biking Phone Mount, a Garmin Edge 830 Mountain Bike Bundle, and a set of Bontrager lights, I've done nothing to this bike.

2. Bike II - Trek Allant 9.9s — To be delivered early Sept. 2022. My partner and her friends are hardcore road cyclists and I've decided I'd like to ride with them, too. An eBike is the only way I'll keep up with them (speed and endurance wise) and the PowerFly just isn't the right bike for it. That's where the Allant will come in.

The local/fave bike shop that's delivering the Allant is modding it (a little) for me: 1) Complete delete on the Trek-supplied front and rear fenders; 2) Removing the Bosch phone holder and adding a Bosch Kiox head unit & remote instead; 3) and Replacing the factory seat post with a Thudbuster ST 31.6mm suspension seat post. I'll be adding a Garmin Varia RTL515 myself.

Then I'll add compatible handle bar mounts for my phone and Garmin Edge, so I'll have easy/quick installation for the electronics no matter which bike I choose to ride.
Luckily for me, my better half also enjoys the trails, has a second/proper bike for it, and frequently rides with me in the woods. Now I can do both — just as she does.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more and contributing where I can.

@retiredNH we love to ride trail ride in and around Pillsbury State Park. But I guess that would be West Central New Hampshire

Back