Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Long-time reader, first-time poster. This site has been a very useful resource for me and I refer to it often. Thanks for the awesome website and forums!
From New York!

They have an ebike motor with gear box all in one package.
I will only believe it that after Steve Jones has demo ridden a FEV equipped e-MTB.
There have been many startups to end up with nothing.
Have you heard the story of the Continental e-bike motors?

Thanks Stefan, so there are none.

Silly me for asking
I simply don't know if FEV have already convinced any e-bike brand to their motor. Continental was trying and only got some small brands. They terminated their ebike business because there were not enough motor sales to make it profitable. I would be glad to find out I was wrong re FEV.

Hello to all.

I am a long time reader and felt it was time to jump onboard.
I am from Central Illinois. I am an old bicycle addict. I have ridden, raced and toured in 39 states over a 50 year period. As my body has slowed down I have shifted over to electric bikes. I own 2, a Radwagon cargo bike and a Trek Verve+3.

This past August I "toured" my bike 70 miles to the closest Amtrak station and caught the train to Denver. From there I rode 60 miles North to visit my childhood home and a 50th high school reunion. Then returned the same way. It was so much fun I intend to repeat the train but ride then bike south from Denver next summer.

Hello to all.

I am a long time reader and felt it was time to jump onboard.
I am from Central Illinois. I am an old bicycle addict. I have ridden, raced and toured in 39 states over a 50 year period. As my body has slowed down I have shifted over to electric bikes. I own 2, a Radwagon cargo bike and a Trek Verve+3.

This past August I "toured" my bike 70 miles to the closest Amtrak station and caught the train to Denver. From there I rode 60 miles North to visit my childhood home and a 50th high school reunion. Then returned the same way. It was so much fun I intend to repeat the train but ride then bike south from Denver next summer.
That sounds like a fantastic adventure! My wife, son and I did a similar (albeit a L O T less distance) ride on Father's day. Combining bicycling with train travel is fun.

Hello from London, England
Just to introduce myself. Ancient non-competitive cyclist who's just bought his first ebike - a Specialized Turbo Como 700 step through size S. Enjoying it although it has some issues, like no real built-in security - hope to discuss in another part of this forum. Earlier in the year did a little tour of the Camargue in Southern France using refurbished French postman's ebikes, which taught me what not to buy! I live near Greenwich, very historic area by the Thames with some great cycle paths which I'm just beginning to explore.

Sunny Bakersfield, California is rather foggy this time of year but we're able to ride whenever we wish. Lucky, when compared to the weather in the Midwest or East. I'm 85 and have been a cyclist for 78 of those years. I completed several long tours in my youth (60-70 years old), and two times Biking Across Kansas ( where I originated). I always wanted to tour the US coast-to-coast but life got in the way. For the past 15 years I've ridden recumbents, first an Easy Racers Gold Rush, then a Catrike Expedition. Now, I've transitioned to a Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ step through and thoroughly enjoying it. After years of recumbent riding my various body parts have to adjust to the new reality of upright bikes.

Anyway, happy to be here and to learn from you all.

I had no idea this was started by that Court guy from YouTube.. That's cool.
Excellent work Brudda!
See you out there!!
Cheers!
Racer

Sunny Bakersfield, California is rather foggy this time of year but we're able to ride whenever we wish. Lucky, when compared to the weather in the Midwest or East. I'm 85 and have been a cyclist for 78 of those years. I completed several long tours in my youth (60-70 years old), and two times Biking Across Kansas ( where I originated). I always wanted to tour the US coast-to-coast but life got in the way. For the past 15 years I've ridden recumbents, first an Easy Racers Gold Rush, then a Catrike Expedition. Now, I've transitioned to a Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ step through and thoroughly enjoying it. After years of recumbent riding my various body parts have to adjust to the new reality of upright bikes.

Anyway, happy to be here and to learn from you all.
Great story. Spent many weeks working in and around Bakersfield. Really enjoyed my time there but boy has it grown. I'm from So CA but live in Nor CA now. What I enjoyed most about Bakersfield were the people. It was more ag back then but it's a gateway to many wonderful places, hidden treasures and I suppose biking opportunities as told by yourself. Congratulations on your new Vado. My wife and I are on Treks but it's all subjective. You certainly have the biking credentials. Enjoy that bike - happy trails from Danville, CA.

Monty

Hello from London, England
Just to introduce myself. Ancient non-competitive cyclist who's just bought his first ebike - a Specialized Turbo Como 700 step through size S. Enjoying it although it has some issues, like no real built-in security - hope to discuss in another part of this forum. Earlier in the year did a little tour of the Camargue in Southern France using refurbished French postman's ebikes, which taught me what not to buy! I live near Greenwich, very historic area by the Thames with some great cycle paths which I'm just beginning to explore.
First off, my wife and I LOVE London! First visit in fall of 2019 pre-VID. Had the time of our lives there. I'd sit out on the street in the early morning watching all the bikers going to work. It's a biking world almost on level with Amsterdam. Well, not quite but still very serious! I've also started riding an eMTB and wanted to say that a very popular discussion is to use Apple's new "air tag" for security. I've herd that theft in the UK is pretty bad, especially regarding eBikes. Might be worth a look? Just sharing information and ideas.

Happy trails from No CA
Monty

Great story. Spent many weeks working in and around Bakersfield. Really enjoyed my time there but boy has it grown. I'm from So CA but live in Nor CA now. What I enjoyed most about Bakersfield were the people. It was more ag back then but it's a gateway to many wonderful places, hidden treasures and I suppose biking opportunities as told by yourself. Congratulations on your new Vado. My wife and I are on Treks but it's all subjective. You certainly have the biking credentials. Enjoy that bike - happy trails from Danville, CA.

Monty
Thank you, Monty. You're in a much more scenic place than Bako. And you're right that it has grown a lot, too much. But at least we have a bike path that extends from NE to SW and is well over 30 miles long. Enjoy biking around Danville!

Thanks! I really enjoyed the discussion on Forum and got enough information and a lot of questions. I am also a cyclist for a decade and also running a blog and cover a lot of daily queries. Again thanks for this enjoyable discussion.

I was just approved to join in. I've been riding a Terra-trike Rover since 2015 and added a 48v 750w Bafang mid-drive motor in kit 2/2016. Since developing osteoarthritis of the lumbar spine it has become more difficult to ride. The Versa bars on the Rover don't give me enough support to lower my 6'5" torso down into the recumbent seat. I'm starting to look at alternatives like the Sun Step-thru Trikes and the Pedego Trike. The latter is at the top of my price range but I like its quality and warranty. I'm looking at the Sun Products from Electric Bike Technologies. My only draw back on those is that they don't offer a seatback support for my lower back whereas the Pedego does. The Liberty trike does, but its too small for my large frame. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello from a new member with an interest in E-bikes after I converted my Raleigh Mountain Bike into an E-Bike with an E-Bike conversion kit. I have met one other person where I live (UK) who has a converted E-Bike. As with other people I have spoken to about my E-Bike Conversion, he wanted to know what my E-Bike was and/or how I have converted my Bike to be an E-Bike.
I have converted my Mountain Bike to make it easier to pedal with, it certainly does that.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 189
hello there from toronto, ontario, canada;
mainly an electric unicycle rider.
but, i do ride a folding bicycle quite abit as well and i decided to add electric front wheel drive to it over the winter season.
will post more about it in the appropriate forum.
i am looking forward to using my ebike for commuting and errands !!!
good day to all !!!
billpong

welcome to the chat site. lots of good info here. Jump in any time. Glad to have you. switching gears myself. For the time being, I'm going to buy a non-powered adult trike and save my dollars for an e-bike kit. I need the exercise and can't wait for the "motive power" My sights are set on a 7 speed.

Last edited:
mr. gibbons;
a trike IMO is the perfect bike for an ebike conversion (front wheel drive).
there are alot of kits out there... i guess the prob will be in deciding how fast you want to go !!!
take care !
bpong

Back