Hello from Chicago - Frenchies couple

Nagash

Hi everyone!

First, I'd like to thanks EBR website, YouTube channel & forum for the quality of information we can find here that helped us A LOT in making our decisions.

That being said, we're a french couple who arrived in Chicago 3 months ago and who should be here for (at least) 3 years. Former adventure motorcycle riders (BMW / Triumph), we wanted to find something more adapted to Chicago downtown to be able to visit the close and far neighborhoods. E-Bikes sounded a good compromise.

After trying 6 different models and at least 4 different engines (rear-hub, mid-drive Brose, Yamaha, Bosch), I chose the Bosch CX for the torque and "natural" assistance feeling. Not as punchy as others, but I guess I'll bet a better range with this one considering my big size.

I got a Haibike SDuro Trekking 7.0 2018 model, XL frame that no-one would buy, for a pretty nice deal. Adjustable stem for a more upright position and a couple of Banjo Brothers Market panniers to start with as an equipment.

My wife also tried different models and hesitated between Yamaha and Brose motors for their "punchiness". She went with a Specialized Vado 2.0. We are equipping it right now with fenders/lights from Vado 3.0/4.0 and probably a Topeak reak rack and MTX trunk bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20190531_103756.jpg
    IMG_20190531_103756.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20190531_103933.jpg
    IMG_20190531_103933.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 294
Welcome to the site.
I hope you find trails around Chicago suitable for touring.
I downsized from V8 Fords with enough acceleration to get on freeway ramps safely. I only ride on freeways anymore in busses.

Hi everyone!

First, I'd like to thanks EBR website, YouTube channel & forum for the quality of information we can find here that helped us A LOT in making our decisions.

That being said, we're a french couple who arrived in Chicago 3 months ago and who should be here for (at least) 3 years. Former adventure motorcycle riders (BMW / Triumph), we wanted to find something more adapted to Chicago downtown to be able to visit the close and far neighborhoods. E-Bikes sounded a good compromise.

After trying 6 different models and at least 4 different engines (rear-hub, mid-drive Brose, Yamaha, Bosch), I chose the Bosch CX for the torque and "natural" assistance feeling. Not as punchy as others, but I guess I'll bet a better range with this one considering my big size.

I got a Haibike SDuro Trekking 7.0 2018 model, XL frame that no-one would buy, for a pretty nice deal. Adjustable stem for a more upright position and a couple of Banjo Brothers Market panniers to start with as an equipment.

My wife also tried different models and hesitated between Yamaha and Brose motors for their "punchiness". She went with a Specialized Vado 2.0. We are equipping it right now with fenders/lights from Vado 3.0/4.0 and probably a Topeak reak rack and MTX trunk bag.

Great looking bikes!
Welcome to you and may you have many wonderful miles (kilometers!)

Back