Headlights???

My Roxim headlamp is 400 lumens. I did add a led light bar for traffic free use. But find 400 lumens good enough. I have an 18650 battery powered flashlight that has a mount on my handle bars. 1200 lumens lights 100 yards ahead. https://www.ebikes.ca/roxim-x4-ebike-light.html
I just bought this light for Christmas to run off the Grin Anderson tap I installed this summer, I find the 1.5w SateLite I got from Grin at the time just isnt broad beam enough for me to see dog walkers and runners coming from the side on an unlit section of trail on my ride home in the dark

Brightest is a variable, there are up to 6000 lumen lights...comparing that to a car headlight at average of 700 - 1200 lumens.

The prices of these lights vary from the elite Pro Niterider for 500 bucks to the casual Lezyne 1300Macro for 100 bucks.

The Lezyne light is very bright and a great deal for the lumens. I recently got an Outbound Lighting Headlight for $195 which produces 1800 lumens and has a cutoff for the light like a car headlight.

So it all depends on how much cash you are willing to fork. Be aware of the no name brands that claim “1xxx” lumens for 20 bucks, the lights never come near the lumen rating they claim and the battery life on these fail really quickly.

Thing is about headlights is that to be seen you need to be brighter than your surroundings and to feel safe is a priceless feeling. I had a cygolite before my ebike and that was fine, but once I am going speeds up to 28mph I need better headlights and price comes with that.
Thanks for the pointer to the Outbound. That looks like exactly what I need for mostly night street riding.

😇 Roxim 36V and 48V for a safe and sane lighting. I have a good headlight for the roadway with oncoming cars and a bank of LED to light up the world.

Thanks for the pointer to the Outbound. That looks like exactly what I need for mostly night street riding.

Im still loving my Outbound, still plenty bright to keep safe for nighttime rides + I keep it on during the day on low setting as a daylight running light; cars have them on for safety in the daytime, why not ebikes? Anyways...the battery life on the Outbound is still holding up as well. Getting around 4 hours of high setting use.

Back