Has anyone used Garmin Edge 130 with a Giant e-bike with RideControl One remote?

From reading these posts I'm assuming the Edge 130 will pair up with Giant ride control 2021.
Is any one actually using the Garmin 130 plus with Giant ride control ? I'm asking because were on a budget and don't need/want all the features or the size of the 530.
I can get the 130 plus for 140.00 USD which seems like a good deal if it works !
Just want to be able to track distance, speed, battery usage, & calories burned.
Also on the Garmin do you need to have there heat rate monitor on for it to count calories, if that's the case Garmin isn't for us.
My bike has the Bosch Kiosk display, it's simple works great does everything important for me end of story. My wife has a 2021 Giant Stance E+1 & for some reason Giant can't provide what they claim on there web site or manual that came with bike. Very frustrating & just trying to get Her a simple display for Her bike.
Thanks & sorry if this question has been answered & I missed it

As stated in the other thread - many others, including myself, have successfully used Garmin products with ANT+ equipped Giant bikes.
Unfortunately, I can only confirm that it works with a model 830, and others have confirmed about the 530.

There is an APP called "Ebike Field" and the author lists the 130 as compatible.
The issue will be your bike controller - if it is ANT+, it should work.
With a MY21, I see no reason why it wouldn't.

As for calories - not sure how accurate these devices are.
I suspect "not very accurate at all..." without measuring heartbeat.
Even though there's a lot of data points available (speed, ascent, cadence, personal metrics such as weight etc..) - I just can't see it myself.
If that particular measure is super important to you, I don't think a $140 device is going to get that for you. But, those other values are important too, and are absolutely worth it in my opinion.

Disclosure - I bought the 830 due to poor vision.
The 130 as just too small to read and I still struggle with the 830 too.
Hopefully after the soon to be scheduled Cataract surgery, I can read all my screens with my riding glasses.

Good luck - hopefully the place that's offering the $140 price also offers a reasonable return policy.
If they do - no brainer...

Thanks Randall, good info. I'm gonna give the 130 a shot Her control is Ant+. She has the Giant phone App, the connection & app functions work fine. Spot on with a return policy being a no brainer.
The calorie count we figure will not be accurate at all but as long as it's consistent She'll at least see how Her riding affects calorie burn.
When we get hooked up I'll post back up on how it worked out.
Good luck on the surgery !

Back