Has anyone used EBYCCO electric bikes before?

JY996

Region
USA
City
Los Angeles
Sincere question:
I am choosing an electric bicycle for myself recently. I'm really confused.
I have looked at several brands, including himiway, wired, ebycco, etc. The price of himiway is a bit expensive.
I am currently leaning towards the following model of ebycco. Has anyone used Ebycco products before?

Do you have any other recommendations? The price is within 1500 US dollars. Thank you.

I don’t think they know what they are doing. The brake rotors are installed backwards. Site looks pretty scammy to me. The last “review” was from December’23.

Does the bike have to be dual motor? I see lots of people go with aerial, but I’m not sure if that is within your budget. Ride1up make great bikes as well. They are currently having a sale.

Sincere question:
I have looked at several brands, including himiway, wired, ebycco, etc. The price of himiway is a bit expensive.
I am currently leaning towards the following model of ebycco. Has anyone used Ebycco products before?

Do you have any other recommendations? The price is within 1500 US dollars. Thank you.
Not sure if that bike is the best way to "wet your whistle" into ebikes. Stick with Lectric, Ride 1 Up, Aventon or Espin. I have had bikes from all mentioned and have been quite pleased. If you are not mechanically inclined, go visit your LBS...

Some local bike stores sell Aventon. You’ll get a warranty and some kind of maintenance plan. Good if you are not comfortable working on your own bike. With the bike you’ve listed, don’t count on any kind of support from the seller.

You should think hard about what you need your bike to do for you. What kind of riding do you intend to do? There's a wide range in what kind of bike is best for which terrain or purpose. City riding, trail riding, cargo hauling, need for throttle, hill climbing, lightweight, foldable, local support? These each have their niches and good recommendations can be found.

New ebike buyers are easily tempted by the most power, but I've found most riding is done in eco mode (least power). If you don't mind peddling, a lighter class 1 bike may be plenty. If possible, get to different bike shops and test ride various bikes so you have a good idea of what you want.

I don’t think they know what they are doing. The brake rotors are installed backwards. Site looks pretty scammy to me. The last “review” was from December’23.

Does the bike have to be dual motor? I see lots of people go with aerial, but I’m not sure if that is within your budget. Ride1up make great bikes as well. They are currently having a sale.
Thanks for your recommendation and suggestions.
I have checked the ride1up website and their appearance may not be attractive enough for me.

Not sure if that bike is the best way to "wet your whistle" into ebikes. Stick with Lectric, Ride 1 Up, Aventon or Espin. I have had bikes from all mentioned and have been quite pleased. If you are not mechanically inclined, go visit your LBS...
Are you doing electric bike reviews? hh.:D
Ride1up seems to have been recommended by quite a few people, I am investigating it.

You should think hard about what you need your bike to do for you. What kind of riding do you intend to do? There's a wide range in what kind of bike is best for which terrain or purpose. City riding, trail riding, cargo hauling, need for throttle, hill climbing, lightweight, foldable, local support? These each have their niches and good recommendations can be found.

New ebike buyers are easily tempted by the most power, but I've found most riding is done in eco mode (least power). If you don't mind peddling, a lighter class 1 bike may be plenty. If possible, get to different bike shops and test ride various bikes so you have a good idea of what you want.
Thank you very much for your enthusiasm and patience.
My main purpose is to use it for commuting during weekdays, and then I hope to ride it for short trips on weekends. There are so many different electric bicycles on the market that I can't decide.
Going to an offline store to understand and experience is a good way to test. I am more inclined to choose a dual-motor one.
Thanks again.

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm and patience.
My main purpose is to use it for commuting during weekdays, and then I hope to ride it for short trips on weekends. There are so many different electric bicycles on the market that I can't decide.
Going to an offline store to understand and experience is a good way to test. I am more inclined to choose a dual-motor one.
Thanks again.
I think what you may learn is powerful ebikes are a lot heavier than you imagine. My big powerful one is about 55lbs plus all the junk I strap on, and it's a beast to manhandle. I can't imagine dealing with that 85lb dual motor machine. Trust me: lighter is preferable.

Anyway, I think your money is better spent on good quality components rather than on a second motor and a huge battery.

I think I spent a good 4-5 months before choosing my bike. There are so many to choose from. Take your time, ask lots of questions, and look at as many video reviews as you can handle (then a few more). You’ll find the right bike for you. It’s out there somewhere.

Sincere question:

My view...This is an 'e-motorcycle' with pedals...not an e-bike. Per their website...
Top speed 37 mph, 83 pounds with batteries. Speaking of batteries, at $1500 for the bike
I'm guessing the batteries are no name, no anything batteries.

Sincere question:

I think what you may learn is powerful ebikes are a lot heavier than you imagine. My big powerful one is about 55lbs plus all the junk I strap on, and it's a beast to manhandle. I can't imagine dealing with that 85lb dual motor machine. Trust me: lighter is preferable.

Anyway, I think your money is better spent on good quality components rather than on a second motor and a huge battery.
Thank you so much, I will take your suggestion into consideration and I will keep it in mind.

I think I spent a good 4-5 months before choosing my bike. There are so many to choose from. Take your time, ask lots of questions, and look at as many video reviews as you can handle (then a few more). You’ll find the right bike for you. It’s out there somewhere.
Thank you, your advice is helpful.:p

My view...This is an 'e-motorcycle' with pedals...not an e-bike. Per their website...
Top speed 37 mph, 83 pounds with batteries. Speaking of batteries, at $1500 for the bike
I'm guessing the batteries are no name, no anything batteries.
Haha, maybe it's like what you said.
I think it looks good and it seems to be quite large.

One more tip that could help you decide on a bike. If there is an ebike rental place near you, you can rent a style of bike. The bike you linked to is similar to a rad rover. If you can rent that bike, then you’ll know if a fat tire bike is for you. Don’t choose a bike on looks. You want to choose a bike on how you fit on the bike. You can go to a bike shop or do more research on how to choose a bike size. Imagine if you had a pair of brand new Air Jordan’s (this bike is no way the Air Jordan of bikes) and the shoes didn’t fit properly. You either wouldn’t wear the shoes or you wince each time you get them on.

Are you doing electric bike reviews? hh.:D
Ride1up seems to have been recommended by quite a few people, I am investigating it.
I also ordered a Frey CC and had it for about 6 months. It was also fine-just a little heavy for this old guy. I still really like my Espin Sport (discontinued) for leisure rides and my Ride 1 Up Gravelster is a great exercise bike. Right now, no bike will work as it's been pushing 115 Fahrenheit here lately. Just too hot to ride. Even my pool is close to 100...

I also ordered a Frey CC and had it for about 6 months. It was also fine-just a little heavy for this old guy. I still really like my Espin Sport (discontinued) for leisure rides and my Ride 1 Up Gravelster is a great exercise bike. Right now, no bike will work as it's been pushing 115 Fahrenheit here lately. Just too hot to ride. Even my pool is close to 100...
Ride1up may also be a good choice. Many people recommend it. Thank you.

Back