Has anyone tried a shorter stem and or riser bars on their ccs? Is there enough cable?

I am considering a shorter stem and riser bars for my new ccs. Maybe I will start with a 55-65mm stem and then see if I have some 3" risers with a little sweep laying around. Has anyone tried this or something similar?

I am considering a shorter stem and riser bars for my new ccs. Maybe I will start with a 55-65mm stem and then see if I have some 3" risers with a little sweep laying around. Has anyone tried this or something similar?

FYI-I used an adjustable stem for customizing riding comfort to an upright position on my EM Jet. It worked out great instead of changing to riser bars. Just a thought...

FYI-I used an adjustable stem for customizing riding comfort to an upright position on my EM Jet. It worked out great instead of changing to riser bars. Just a thought...
Thanks, Bob! I saw one of those that I particularly liked on a customized pedigo one time, but I don't remember the brand. I was thinking of the shorty stem and riser bars, because I probably have those in my garage already. I have been squirreling away a few parts for project bike that hasn't been built up yet. The only problem is, that I think the stem I had in mind might have ended up on my husband's 29er mountain bike. Shorty stems were hard to come by for a little while. I have noticed that they are back. I even saw a 65mm in my LBS the other day.

Thanks, Bob! I saw one of those that I particularly liked on a customized pedigo one time, but I don't remember the brand. I was thinking of the shorty stem and riser bars, because I probably have those in my garage already. I have been squirreling away a few parts for project bike that hasn't been built up yet. The only problem is, that I think the stem I had in mind might have ended up on my husband's 29er mountain bike. Shorty stems were hard to come by for a little while. I have noticed that they are back. I even saw a 65mm in my LBS the other day.

Yes, making sure you get the right size in mm on the clamp and handlebars is the trick to getting a custom fit. Good Luck!

Back