Has anyone received their May pre-order?

My bike has been sitting about 50 miles away just teasing me...

RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 5/29/2018 10:40:00 AM
ARRIVED AT PILOT LOCATION 5/29/2018 2:14:08 AM

No idea what "Recovered at Destination" means - anyone else who had a pilot shipment see that in their status?

I thought for sure they would be calling me yesterday or at worst today to schedule, but nothing so far.

I hope that recovered doesn't mean damaged.

My bike has been sitting about 50 miles away just teasing me...

RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 5/29/2018 10:40:00 AM
ARRIVED AT PILOT LOCATION 5/29/2018 2:14:08 AM

No idea what "Recovered at Destination" means - anyone else who had a pilot shipment see that in their status?

I thought for sure they would be calling me yesterday or at worst today to schedule, but nothing so far.

I hope that recovered doesn't mean damaged.

Found this online:

What does “Recovered at Destination” shipment status mean?
Your shipment has arrived into your local metropolitan area and is in the hands of our local Pilot station.

Was gonna say - it probably dropped off the back of the truck on the lot, and then was eventually .. RECOVERED.

But I like Kev's explanation. It has a better ending than mine. ;)

Ugh. My bikes were scheduled to be delivered Friday. They were in my town today, possibly for early delivery, but have been sent back because they were damaged. Juiced said a replacement would be shipped, but has no idea when.
Based on the packaging on my bike, that shipper must have really mistreated the package. That really sucks man.

Eight weeks of waiting. I reached out to Juiced support tonight for a status update. 19ah. XL frame. Anyone want to place your bets?

Ugh. My bikes were scheduled to be delivered Friday. They were in my town today, possibly for early delivery, but have been sent back because they were damaged. Juiced said a replacement would be shipped, but has no idea when.
So close, and yet so far away. Sincere condolences -- I can only imagine the disappointment.

@kev312 ,

Thanks for digging that up Kev.

No problem, pls keep us posted once you get your bike!

Ah man, so sorry to hear!! I hope JB will expedite a replacement for you.

Getting back to the ORIGINAL POST .. My bike has arrived from Pilot. So 80 Calendar days after I ordered my Medium RCS with 19.2ah battery it is here and I am in the middle of assembling it.

So far my unboxing doesn't match to some others. My rear rack is completely off the bike - it was between the rear tire and the box, close to the bottom and the accessory box was on the bottom.

IMPORTANT: The bike has the battery installed. The keys to get the battery off the bike to save you dead lifting those extra 8-12lbs is attached to the handlebar by a ziptie.

2nd Important: The Front fork hydraulic disc break has a spacer with a tab facing forward .. don't try to put the front tire on until AFTER you remove the spacer by gently extracting it forward. (Look for the black on black pull tab sticking out).

3rd Important: I put my front tire on before the fender.. so now I have to take it off to put the front fender on.

I took a break to look for any info about the rear fender not being even where its closest to the crank, but I'll put that into its on question.

3rd Important: I put my front tire on before the fender.. so now I have to take it off to put the front fender on.
Sounds like a "hold my beer" moment. ;)
Seriously though, your observations will definitely help others still waiting for their RCS. Taking any photos along the way?

Some significant differences between how your bike was packed and mine, primarily that the rear rack was not installed, and the battery was. @Tora Harris is this the new normal?

Getting back to the ORIGINAL POST .. My bike has arrived from Pilot. So 80 Calendar days after I ordered my Medium RCS with 19.2ah battery it is here and I am in the middle of assembling it.

So far my unboxing doesn't match to some others. My rear rack is completely off the bike - it was between the rear tire and the box, close to the bottom and the accessory box was on the bottom.

IMPORTANT: The bike has the battery installed. The keys to get the battery off the bike to save you dead lifting those extra 8-12lbs is attached to the handlebar by a ziptie.

2nd Important: The Front fork hydraulic disc break has a spacer with a tab facing forward .. don't try to put the front tire on until AFTER you remove the spacer by gently extracting it forward. (Look for the black on black pull tab sticking out).

I took a break to look for any info about the rear fender not being even where its closest to the crank, but I'll put that into its on question.
Here are a few pictures of my rack. There are some extra zip ties that hold my panniers on. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20180601_153009.jpg
    20180601_153009.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 489
  • 20180601_153013.jpg
    20180601_153013.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 530
  • 20180601_153000.jpg
    20180601_153000.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 516
  • 20180601_152950.jpg
    20180601_152950.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 527
  • 20180601_152943.jpg
    20180601_152943.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 483
  • 20180601_152934.jpg
    20180601_152934.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 499
Some significant differences between how your bike was packed and mine, primarily that the rear rack was not installed, and the battery was. @Tora Harris is this the new normal?
Bruce, was your and RCS .. for some reason I thought you had a CCS.

@Crazyworld

Crazy , can you do a close in shot of how the rear fender stays + washers + rear rack are setup?

Mind go (outside -> inside towards hub)

Nut / Washer / Fender Stay / Washer / Rack / frame

I only had two washers per rear fender stay, so I used one washer to space the fender stay vs rack and put Rack in direct contact with the metal of the frame.

Once I'm done I'll find a place to upload the photos and then link them.

Is the angle of the rear light messed up because of the added fender? If so, any plans to correct it or is the angle still okay for oncoming drivers to see?

@PCDoctorUSA

I have not been able to figure out how to have BOTH the rear light and the fender tab that attaches to the rear rack where the light should go at the same time using the provided stuff. Of course my box had fist sized hole in it so maybe something dropped out.

Luckily I have a different rear light that has motion sensing for stop + automatic flashing at night. Turns on high intensity for 3-4 seconds while breaking so I am using that + rear fender support tab .

If I didn't use the extra rear fender to rack attachment tab then the rear light would have been just fine placement wise.

I am going to go to the hardware store and get a flat/flush screw to match the current tab. That should let me put both the provided light + rear fender support at the same time. Of course then my motion sensing light won't fit, but maybe I can figure out a way to attach it to the rear of the rack itself.

Is that what you were asking about?

Bruce, was your and RCS .. for some reason I thought you had a CCS.

@Crazyworld

Crazy , can you do a close in shot of how the rear fender stays + washers + rear rack are setup?

Mind go (outside -> inside towards hub)

Nut / Washer / Fender Stay / Washer / Rack / frame

I only had two washers per rear fender stay, so I used one washer to space the fender stay vs rack and put Rack in direct contact with the metal of the frame.

Once I'm done I'll find a place to upload the photos and then link them.
That is how my bottom rack is setup. Bolt / washer /rack / washer / frame. The front side rack mount is bolt / washer / rack / frame. Top I added the three washers

Attachments

• 20180601_155940.jpg
    20180601_155940.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 502
  • 20180601_155901.jpg
    20180601_155901.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 526
  • 20180601_155855.jpg
    20180601_155855.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 494
  • 20180601_155845.jpg
    20180601_155845.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 508
  • 20180601_155837.jpg
    20180601_155837.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 475
  • 20180601_155831.jpg
    20180601_155831.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 494
Last edited:
I ordered my black XL ccs with 19ah battery on April 8. For full disclosure, on April 17th I added the marathon plus tires to my order. I received a notification today that a shipping label had been created. UPS is the shipper. As they have not picked up the bike, I imagine it will actually ship on Monday.

Yeah!

Fiddling with the website suggests batteries and bikes are now packed together. Battery in one bike size can be available and out on another.

I guess they did this to turn around bikes faster. A little surprised since I thought they tested batteries before shipping anyway. And that the battery would benefit from the padding of a separate box. Maybe they found a more efficient packing solution.

Asher - My GUESS is that they QA battery to fit to a specific battery housing on a specific bike. So I guess once they match up they don't want to move things around too much.

I just practiced my battery -- boy is the clearance tight, I have to get it just right to have that good positive lock feel and then have it pass the shake test.

Back