Has anyone received their May pre-order?

Bruce, was your and RCS .. for some reason I thought you had a CCS.

@Crazyworld

Crazy , can you do a close in shot of how the rear fender stays + washers + rear rack are setup?

Mind go (outside -> inside towards hub)

Nut / Washer / Fender Stay / Washer / Rack / frame

I only had two washers per rear fender stay, so I used one washer to space the fender stay vs rack and put Rack in direct contact with the metal of the frame.

Once I'm done I'll find a place to upload the photos and then link them.
Yes, I have the CCS, but I'd be surprised if the packing were all that different. It was changed a lot because of early problems with bikes damaged in transit. Would they have forgotten all those lessons when they designed the packing for the RCS?

@Bruce Arnold

I agree that hopefully lessons were learned, but the RCS is a bigger bike. One big difference -- there is no bottom protector on the front forks. Just some foam.

I think the beefier frame of the RCS makes for some packing changes.

Here is what I noted regarding packaging of my RCS that arrived today:
  1. Battery Was installed onto the frame
  2. Rear rack was not attached
  3. Rear fender WAS attached
  4. Front Fork was just resting on foam padding at bottom of the box (not like the images I have seen of the CCS where there is a flat plastic "thing" that protects to fork bottoms)
  5. Front Fender + Front light needed to be attached. (Attaching the light to the fender took forever)
  6. Front Tire, as expected was not installed and needed to be attached
  7. There was a little protector/spacer/shim like thing protecting the front disc brakes.
  8. The seat was wrapped and not attached (as expected)
  9. The handlebar was not installed (as expected) and was dangling by the cables (electrical and brake cables)
  10. The keys for the battery was attached to the lower portion of the handlebar with ziptie
The shipper was Pilot who used a single driver to deliver.
He did not use/have a lift-gate to lower the box - he just sorta manhandled it .. not dropping it but not gentle either, (if that had been a large screen TV it would have shattered)
I think he had problems because there was only was a single plastic hand-insert type "handle" on the two far ends.. but nothing to grip with "two hands", so lots of bouncing and short 2-3 in drops until he got it onto the dolly. I think if one of the ends had something so he could have grabbed the box with both hands it might have been less jarring.

I did document on the receipt that the box was damaged and took photo's for Juiced usage on both the outside and inside.

Summary of today:
So far everything seems okay except that the rear disc brake rubs on about 1/10th of the rotor. I called juiced and got immediate response getting to a tech in a very short time, and after a short discussion with the tech I will ride it tomorrow and see what happens.

I'll also try to find some videos tonight on hydraulic disc brake "rubbing" and leaving a black "sticky" residue on the rotor. (Even as a kid I never had any experience with servicing disc brakes)

Eight weeks of waiting. I reached out to Juiced support tonight for a status update. 19ah. XL frame. Anyone want to place your bets?

You didn't say CCS or RCS for XL. I remember someone here on the forums who had been waiting more than 3 weeks for the RCS XL to be available - just checking the website day after day just to place his order.

My March 13th Medium Brushed Aluminum RCS with 19.2ah took 80 days to arrive - I am was part of the tail end of the 1st preorder batch (in theory).

Here is a new factor I didn't consider until my bike actually arrived, regarding bad estimates... All of the RCS people who got their bikes before me and had feedback/problems/comments - everything from bugs to packing issues etc - might very well cause additional delays.

Hypothetical: Lets say my front fork punched through the foam, and was just resting on cardboard (it did) and that caused front fork damage (so far everything seems fine). Well that would cause 1) Juiced to have to send me a new fork or somehow resolve that. 2) Juiced would have to make an educated guess if that was outlier problem or likely to repeat more than a few times. That might cause them to stop shipping RCS's for a day or two while they brainstorm packing changes and then retrain shipping on how to pack RCS's

So feed back from earlier people might very well also be slowing down the process of getting bikes out, while improving the quality of the bikes that get to your doorstep.

Conclusion:
This is a good thing - you really don't want to wait all this time, just to get a bike that has to immediately be returned so you can do more waiting.

I have, in an early posting, talked about a number of possible reasons for customer support being so bad when it comes to giving estimates on RCS's availability. (Search for "agile-development" to find one of them) and add the above "conclusion" to the list :)

Difference:

Until recently there was only one person posting that they received their RCS in early April. Then nothing.
At least you now you are getting a few of us who are saying "yes we got our RCS" .. and boy is it fun. To top it off, even those of us who have had problems (minor or major) have been able to confirm that Juiced is doing the right thing.

Just wanted to follow up on my order. I placed my order for a Black XL CCS with the 19.2 battery on April 8. Two months to the day I finally got my bike. Assembly went relatively smoothly. Reading everyone's posts really helped. I also watched a couple of Juiced videos. I did have to work on the front fender. It took a few minutes to adjust the front brake. Others mentioned the same problems. No biggie though. The handlebar was already installed but needed aligned. I got everything set up around 10:30PM. Against my better judgement I went for a test run in the dark. Good headlight. No problems. The only disappointment i had were the tires. After reading several posts I contacted Juiced to see about upgrading to the Marathon Plus tires. They said it was ok as long as my order had not shipped.

Here was my original question(order number redacted):
On this pre-order (xxxxx) can I still upgrade to the Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 Wire Tire
and have them factory installed?

Here was the answer:

Yes you can, just place the order and make note of the original order number. They will be put together as long as your order hasn't already shipped.

The stock Kendas were on the bike and the Marathons were in the box. Now I know this is not the end of the world but my goal is to commute to work. I have no desire to be late and thought the Marathon Plus tires would be a good proactive move. I do not want to have to remove the rear wheel so now my thoughts are going from proactive to reactive. Just put them on when I have a flat. Preferably on the way home very close to my house!

Anyway, I plan on giving an update on how this bike performs in the Appalachian Mountains.

I do want to let everyone know I really appreciate all the posts and collective wisdom I have received from the Juiced forum. It's good to know that if I have any problems or questions I have somewhere to go.

Now it's time for me to go. I got to get up early and ride my bike!

Glad you got th
Just wanted to follow up on my order. I placed my order for a Black XL CCS with the 19.2 battery on April 8. Two months to the day I finally got my bike. Assembly went relatively smoothly. Reading everyone's posts really helped. I also watched a couple of Juiced videos. I did have to work on the front fender. It took a few minutes to adjust the front brake. Others mentioned the same problems. No biggie though. The handlebar was already installed but needed aligned. I got everything set up around 10:30PM. Against my better judgement I went for a test run in the dark. Good headlight. No problems. The only disappointment i had were the tires. After reading several posts I contacted Juiced to see about upgrading to the Marathon Plus tires. They said it was ok as long as my order had not shipped.

On this pre-order (xxxxx) can I still upgrade to the Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 Wire Tire

Here was the answer:

Yes you can, just place the order and make note of the original order number. They will be put together as long as your order hasn't already shipped.

The stock Kendas were on the bike and the Marathons were in the box. Now I know this is not the end of the world but my goal is to commute to work. I have no desire to be late and thought the Marathon Plus tires would be a good proactive move. I do not want to have to remove the rear wheel so now my thoughts are going from proactive to reactive. Just put them on when I have a flat. Preferably on the way home very close to my house!

Anyway, I plan on giving an update on how this bike performs in the Appalachian Mountains.

I do want to let everyone know I really appreciate all the posts and collective wisdom I have received from the Juiced forum. It's good to know that if I have any problems or questions I have somewhere to go.

Glad you got the bike. Maybe swapping the tires now would be a good chance to experience the dreaded rear wheel removal. Actually, it's not that bad, but still cumbersome. Also, I've found that the Marathon Plus has less lateral grip than the Kendas, especially in the rain. I think it's worth it for the extra protection. Be careful in those first high speed turns, if you've gotten used to the Kendas.

How did you ride a bike when it wasn't shipped?

I'm confused.

I have a marathon plus in the back. The front wheel has less weight and is less prone to punctures, so I have a lighter tire there. Ravi told me when he was setting his record, it was only the rear tire that flatted (and I believe it was a plus and the front was a big Apple).

Here was the answer:

Fear of flats (FOF) should not bother you. Most flats are due to thorns. Do you have thorns? Or they are due to screws. Do you have a lot of new construction where you live? I do here, that's for sure!

Best advice, you already heard it, is to practice r and r'ing your new bike's rear wheel while at home. It is just a process. And familiarity with the job brings confidence.

Every daunting job about maintaining your bike becomes simple by simply doing that job at home at your own convenience.

It is really hard, however, to change a rear hub motor bike's tire inner tube on the road when you are not geared up for the job with tools, and most of all, experience.

On the note of removing the rear tires, what tools come with the bike? I see on Juiced's website there is a Rear Wheel Removal Tool Kit as well as a 18 mm Rear Axle Nut Removal Tool, both of which are sold out at the moment. Can anyone recommend alternatives or a must-have all inclusive bike tool kit that will cover the majority of diy maintenance?
An offset box end wrench or a thru-hole socket will work fine. I am using an offset end wrench, I did the rear wheel removal to convert to tubeless. If you have done bike maintenance before, the job is really not that difficult. I carry the offset wrench in my bike tool kit on the remote chance I'd need it on the road. You can also carry a GAADI snake tube that allows you to replace a tube without removing the wheel. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB0RESU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess I'll head to the hardware store to see if I can find an 18mm offset box end wrench or a thru-hole socket, after I look up what those are ;)

Odd think about the website, some of those tools that are sold out say "restock in a few weeks".

For a while it said on the Juiced website that they would no longer be putting the Marathon Plus upgrades on the wheels for us. My CCS was the last one shipped from the November-December 2017 batch (per my request, I was out of town for all of December/early January), so it may have been the last one shipped with the Marathon Pluses installed. Now they are no longer supplying the Marathon Pluses, so you just might have been the last customer to get them from Juiced Bikes in any way, shape or form.

If I were in your shoes, I'd ride the Kendas for a while. May as well get your money's worth. But I can see wanting to have the Marathons on your bike. Since mine came installed, I have no basis for comparison.

When you're ready to install the Schwalbe tires, make sure to watch this YouTube tutorial first. It was a lifesaver for me when I installed my first set. I also second @michael mitchell comment regarding the lateral grip of the Marathon Plus. They seem to be okay on dry pavement, but I have little faith in them in a wet turn. My former Specialized Nimbus tires had exceptional grip but a very hard ride. Of course, I ride my tires at or near full PSI because of my weight.

When you're ready to install the Schwalbe tires, make sure to watch this YouTube tutorial first. It was a lifesaver for me when I installed my first set. I also second @michael mitchell comment regarding the lateral grip of the Marathon Plus. They seem to be okay on dry pavement, but I have little faith in them in a wet turn. My former Specialized Nimbus tires had exceptional grip but a very hard ride. Of course, I ride my tires at or near full PSI because of my weight.
I thought I'd need to ride at higher psi because of my weight also. Learning more from the threads on large diameter tires, I started experimenting with lower psi. Way more comfortable, no noticeable effect on rolling resistance, improved lateral traction, and not even close to a pinch flat.

I thought I'd need to ride at higher psi because of my weight also. Learning more from the threads on large diameter tires, I started experimenting with lower psi. Way more comfortable, no noticeable effect on rolling resistance, improved lateral traction, and not even close to a pinch flat.
Hmmm, thanks for the info. I'll start backing off maybe 5 psi per week until I find a good balance. Of course, a suspension seat post would help but I'm not sure I want to spend anymore money on this bike if I'm going to order an ebike by the end of the month.

Hmmm, thanks for the info. I'll start backing off maybe 5 psi per week until I find a good balance. Of course, a suspension seat post would help but I'm not sure I want to spend anymore money on this bike if I'm going to order an ebike by the end of the month.
I just let the natural, over time, loss of pressure take me down gradually to see if there is a sweet spot.

As to the suspension seat post, I went with this Cloud 9 seat instead. Got it a couple of days ago. So far so good. It definitely makes a difference over the stock seat. I can feel the springs working over larger bumps, and I can ride over smaller bumps without discomfort that I used to get out of the saddle to avoid. Looking forward to further testing. It was only $25, instead of upwards of $100 for a Thudbuster.

I just let the natural, over time, loss of pressure take me down gradually to see if there is a sweet spot.

As to the suspension seat post, I went with this Cloud 9 seat instead. Got it a couple of days ago. So far so good. It definitely makes a difference over the stock seat. I can feel the springs working over larger bumps, and I can ride over smaller bumps without discomfort that I used to get out of the saddle to avoid. Looking forward to further testing. It was only $25, instead of upwards of $100 for a Thudbuster.
Cloud 9 seats I have tried are always effective, well-engineered. I had a similar version of your chosen seat years ago and liked it. It had elastomers instead of the real springs of your seat. IF your body weight extends those springs when you are at rest, then they really can contribute to the overall isolation, very effectively! For myself, the elastomeric springs were not moved by my body weight at any time, and therefore were not effective. But the gel padded lycra covered seat was ideal! Oh, I liked it very well. These days I use a much narrower saddle to facilitate manual pedaling. Narrow hips. Bony but,

(Bruce, just grin and bear my whimsical drifts?)

Last edited:
Back