Hard time removing the cassette

From what I read here and tomjasz's suggestion to look up Google, it look's like the motor in question has a freewheel!
And I still have the hard task at hand to get it off. Thank to all that helped...

For a freewheel, a Park FR-1.3 works well. Depends if the motor cable comes out of the axle on the freewheel side, and the size of the connector if it does, The big 25A connectors won't go thru the FR1.3. but the small 9 pins will.

For a freewheel, a Park FR-1.3 works well. Depends if the motor cable comes out of the axle on the freewheel side, and the size of the connector if it does, The big 25A connectors won't go thru the FR1.3. but the small 9 pins will.
All of the wires come out from the control box (not from the shaft) located on the opposite side of the freewheel, so we must be talking about different motors...

In the case of no wires from axle, then the FR1.3 still works (Shimano Freewheel).
Thanks Harry, would the 1.3 in FR1.3 represent the diameter of the inside hole? If yes, I think it would correspond to 13mm, which would be too small and it wouldn't slip over the 13.86mm (.545") motor shaft. The hole's diameter would have to be at least 14mm. Grazie

Up to 14mmm per REI.
That's better! I will inquire what the shipping costs are. If too expensive, I try to find it locally. The wall on this one look thicker and the extractor seems a lot sturdier then the one I have; I'll need it for what I'm faced, this freewheel is very stubborn. Thanks Harry

It's on Amazon for same price.
Amazon.com unfortunately doesn't ship to Europe (or at least Italy) I'll have to rely on Amazon.it and they don't always have the same item; in fact they rarely do have the same items...

Last edited:
If you are really up against it, this one was specially designed to deal with big solid motor axles where you have to fit the thing over a big cable. No cable in your case but same root issue. Kyle has shipped to the EU for me before so if the cart doesn't allow it I would contact him or his staff by email and ask.

Finally! It finally gave in, I guess with persistence and patience and the help from the people in this forum I accomplished the task. I almost gave up though. After trying what some of you guys suggested, the extractor was slipping off the vise too (I could have used the big extractor at this point) it was too small for the leverage I was applying; so, as I was about give up, I thought of welding the small extractor to the end of a box wrench (cutting the open end off) and stuck it to the vise, on the left hand side. After tightening it, and slid the motor on the extract or in a vertical position so I would have the best leverage, the thing, even with all that weight on
( over 15 lb! ) wouldn't even budge, I new it was going to work, and work it did (after a good struggle).
Thanks again guys!

IMG_2408.JPG

Back